Hi folks,
Does anyone know which phone (model number) would have been fitted to my 2000 Daimler Super V8?
The cradle is in the front armrest box and towards the rear there is a connector - part of the cradle. The Motorola logo is on the cradle. All steering wheel controls are there, plus the mic attached to the roof mounted unit for lamps and sunroof. Are they still available anywhere. I'm not much of a regular mobile user but would like to have one as original equipment.
Ian
Motorola Startac phone
Re: Motorola Startac phone
Hello Ian
The Motorola Startac handset used in the X308 1999MY on is not a standard Motorola version.
It has an additional firmware chip to enable the phone to communicate with the Jaguar (Alpine) audio system and the cars controls.
The Classic Parts Website info gives a Jaguar part no.....LJC 7311AA (Vin 812317 to F59525)
This handset is no longer available as a part......and has not been produced by Motorola for years.
I have one in my X308 and was unable to get it's display replaced because the display is no longer made and other spare parts are also very difficult to find.
I could not find a new one in 2006 but managed to find a member (via the magazine) who had
his car written off and had a Jaguar Startac for sale.
You might try E-Bay......they do turn up now and then....but be sure you are getting the correct
Jaguar version.The "standard" Motorola phone will not connect to the car.
regards & good luck
The Motorola Startac handset used in the X308 1999MY on is not a standard Motorola version.
It has an additional firmware chip to enable the phone to communicate with the Jaguar (Alpine) audio system and the cars controls.
The Classic Parts Website info gives a Jaguar part no.....LJC 7311AA (Vin 812317 to F59525)
This handset is no longer available as a part......and has not been produced by Motorola for years.
I have one in my X308 and was unable to get it's display replaced because the display is no longer made and other spare parts are also very difficult to find.
I could not find a new one in 2006 but managed to find a member (via the magazine) who had
his car written off and had a Jaguar Startac for sale.
You might try E-Bay......they do turn up now and then....but be sure you are getting the correct
Jaguar version.The "standard" Motorola phone will not connect to the car.
regards & good luck
Re: Motorola Startac phone
Ian,
As I'm sure you appreciate, the startac is fairly old technology but I understand why you might want just to give the finished look to the car. (I've still kept the Motorola phone in my x350 for that reason)
They do turn up on ebay all the time but prices seem to be moving up. I picked up a few at £65 2 years ago for an owner, but they seem to make more than that in working condition now. There's a full startac setup available at offers under £200 here:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JAGUAR-STAR-T ... 259acc6a58
Good luck
Paul
As I'm sure you appreciate, the startac is fairly old technology but I understand why you might want just to give the finished look to the car. (I've still kept the Motorola phone in my x350 for that reason)
They do turn up on ebay all the time but prices seem to be moving up. I picked up a few at £65 2 years ago for an owner, but they seem to make more than that in working condition now. There's a full startac setup available at offers under £200 here:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JAGUAR-STAR-T ... 259acc6a58
Good luck
Paul
1995 XJS 4.0 Convertible
1980 XJ-S Pre-HE
Jaguar 4.2 Supercharged engine (but not with a Jaguar body..)
1980 XJ-S Pre-HE
Jaguar 4.2 Supercharged engine (but not with a Jaguar body..)
Re: Motorola Startac phone
Many thanks David and Paul for the info supplied,
As I said, I'm not much of a mobile user ( we don't even get a mobile signal at the house here in Orkney) but it would be good to get one, just to complete the 'package'. I think I might try an offer on the one you pointed to Paul, I'll let you know if I'm lucky
Ian
As I said, I'm not much of a mobile user ( we don't even get a mobile signal at the house here in Orkney) but it would be good to get one, just to complete the 'package'. I think I might try an offer on the one you pointed to Paul, I'll let you know if I'm lucky
Ian
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

