Hello Everyone, I am buying a Daimler Super 8, which had a phone installed (factory fitted I think) in the front armrest. Everything is there (cradle, cabling, aerial etc) except the phone itself. My Question is this: is it as simple as buying a handset, popping in a sim card and off we go? The car is a 97 model, and I don't know if getting another phone is possible, or even desirable. If not, then I would far rather have the free space in the armrest box. Anyone have any advice/guidance ? thanks
In Car Phone = Daimler Super 8
-
flycatcher
- Posts:22
- Joined:Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:50 am
- Location:bedford
- Contact:
You can buy the handsets as they sometimes show up on ebay, however as (I think) there are only two or three models and most of them are now over 10 years old, some sim cards may not work in them. Obviously you wont get bluetooth connectivity with something that old, and the phone is really only useful (in my opinion) if you want to keep the car as original as possible.
In my case, while I really would have liked the option to use the cars built in phone controls it would have been too expensive so i simply bought a blue-tooth hands-free speaker (£30) that I place on the sun-visor and use that with my current phone.
If you do want the handset, somebody in here should be able to point you in the right direction
In my case, while I really would have liked the option to use the cars built in phone controls it would have been too expensive so i simply bought a blue-tooth hands-free speaker (£30) that I place on the sun-visor and use that with my current phone.
If you do want the handset, somebody in here should be able to point you in the right direction
-
flycatcher
- Posts:22
- Joined:Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:50 am
- Location:bedford
- Contact:
thanks very much for your time and advice. I'm thinking I will probably stick to having my mobile in my shirt pocket, and my bluetooth earpiece. I haven't got the car yet, but I asked the dealer if I can simply take the cradle out of the armrest (to gain back storage space for my tom tom) and he pursed his lips and made negative noises. Anyone know if I can do this?
cheers
cheers
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest