A New Nose for the Cat

Moderators:robv12, DavidEm

mmikethebook
Posts:4
Joined:Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:46 pm
Location:Leeds
Contact:
A New Nose for the Cat

Postby mmikethebook » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:17 pm

I have very recently purchased my first Jaguar and on the XJ8, the only bit of styling I was no unduly keen on was the radiator grille with the vertical bars.
I obtained an ex 300 nose with the mesh grille and after scoring the chrome finish and etch priming it, before spraying the surround to match the body. I fitted the whole plot very easily, despite my local Jaguar agent saying it could not be done.

I, and more to the point, 'er indoors', think it now looks great.

Total cost: £60-00

Cheers,
Mikethebook : :D

Bought my first Jag in Jan '09.
Love 'fiddling with it' and am hugely impressed so far.

ptjs1

Member
Posts:3520
Joined:Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:14 pm
Location:Kent

Postby ptjs1 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:55 pm

Mike,

Any pics to show us?

Paul

1995 XJS 4.0 Convertible
1980 XJ-S Pre-HE
Jaguar 4.2 Supercharged engine (but not with a Jaguar body..)

mmikethebook
Posts:4
Joined:Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:46 pm
Location:Leeds
Contact:

Postby mmikethebook » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:02 am

Dear Paul,
thats what my son said when I told him I had done it.

I'll be taking some, digital' for him and I can send you one too.

Basically, it just looks as if it is original equipment.

Though as I said, the main agents told me it was a no-no, as far as fitting went, but I just removed the old item and replaced it with the new one. No 'fitting' at all required.

Where are you situated. I travel a great deal amd may be passing.

Cheers,
Mike


joejag308

Member
Posts:838
Joined:Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:45 am
Location:LEEDS

Pics pf projects

Postby joejag308 » Sun May 17, 2009 7:00 pm

Mike dont forget when you get your project pics done to put some on the forum too...........Joe


mmikethebook
Posts:4
Joined:Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:46 pm
Location:Leeds
Contact:

Postby mmikethebook » Mon May 18, 2009 8:49 am

Dear Joe,
No I have not forgotten, but 'er indoors is in Poland wi' t camera just now so I'm snookered.

It looks exactly like an XJR from the front.

The hardest bit has been getting the shine on the spray can painted nose to match the body work, but lots of elbow grease and some Auto Glym has done the trick.

Cheers,
Mike



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest