Greetings all, recently rejoined,don't know really why I left JEC in the first place.
My X308 2000 has reverse sensors fitted ( electo-magnetic tape ) variety. Work very well and contemplating fitting similar to front, only problem thus far is that the front bumper should be removed to ensure propper fitment of magnetic adhesive tape.
Any advice on bumper removal greatly appreciated.
Parking Sensors
Parking sensors
After recieving a few emails re the models without sensors pre fitted i have been asked which is the best sensor system to have fitted..........anyone got some facts...........and / or prices please.Joe
retro parking sensor
The replacement sensors by Jaguar were very pricy £300 plus for the units im told...........but thats now been solved by Jaguar.........they have just stopped issuing the replacement Jaguar parts.
So a spurious sernsor system is the answer .......but its wise to let a competant electrical guy do it............unfortunaley i have got to go through the procedure as my model wasnt fitted with sensors......plus im getting worse at reversing these 308s as they are rather long. Santa wasnt much help either.............Joe
So a spurious sernsor system is the answer .......but its wise to let a competant electrical guy do it............unfortunaley i have got to go through the procedure as my model wasnt fitted with sensors......plus im getting worse at reversing these 308s as they are rather long. Santa wasnt much help either.............Joe
Parking sensors
Joe, ii your still contemplating reverse sensors have a look at www.parkingdynamics.co.uk their "no holes" sensors, front-rear-or both are excellent and good value. No problems with drilling holes and maintains vehicle integrity. I copied their website and left it lying around-it worked.nuff said. geo912
reversing sensors
Geo.........have you actually bought and fit the product ?
How esay was it to fit?
Was it all stick on?
Which one did you buy?
It looks good on the site,and im all for the simple without drilling option.
It just says the wiring is simple (ive heard that before) not one of my strong points......but it looks tempting.......Joe
How esay was it to fit?
Was it all stick on?
Which one did you buy?
It looks good on the site,and im all for the simple without drilling option.
It just says the wiring is simple (ive heard that before) not one of my strong points......but it looks tempting.......Joe
Joe, my reverse sensors were fitted by Arun Ltd and they have functioned well over the years, I have purchased the Front sensors from Parking Dynamics but not being a competent mechanic or electrician I will be arranging with a local garage to fit them next service, the outer skin of the bumper needs removing to fit the tape,,,,not a job for the fainthearted ( Like me ).
The front sensors appear to be identical to my rear ones but I cannot confirm this.
I like driving and owning Jaguars but for the most part these days I leave all the other work to the experts who have forgotten more than I will ever learn.
Regards
geo912
The front sensors appear to be identical to my rear ones but I cannot confirm this.
I like driving and owning Jaguars but for the most part these days I leave all the other work to the experts who have forgotten more than I will ever learn.
Regards
geo912
new sensors.......i rang them and he said if you dont know what you are doing get an auto electrician to do it for you........they have lists of fitters but none anywhere in the Yorkshire area.
the concept sounds good with not havin to drill the bumper so i will have a look at it...........possibly get an electrician to do though.
the concept sounds good with not havin to drill the bumper so i will have a look at it...........possibly get an electrician to do though.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
