Just the diagrams?

Moderators:robv12, DavidEm

blackflash
Posts:177
Joined:Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:37 am
Just the diagrams?

Postby blackflash » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:23 pm

I'm happy to pay out my hard-earned to my local independent Jag specialist for routine servicing and repairs, and even occasionally to the main dealer for unusual bits and pieces.

But I'd like to get to know my car a little better. I can't justify therefore paying ridiculous prices for a full workshop manual set and I haven't exactly read glowing reviews of the "everything you need on one DVD for a fiver!" products.

It was a great pleasure replacing my interior mirror having received advice on this forum! I now have a climate control problem (see relevant post) which is probably something to do with the ducts rather than the electronics but I have no idea where to even start...

There must be a few diagrams of which bits are where amongst the full doc set - can I get these anywhere? I know they won't tell me what to do but it would be good to be able to open the bonnet and know what everything is/does!

Nigel

Blackflash
'05 S-Type R in Liquid Silver with Dove leather and Aluminium trim

daveji

Member
Posts:336
Joined:Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:08 am

Postby daveji » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:20 pm

As far as I know (and have been told) there is no such thing as a printed workshop manual for an X308.
All the relevant info is on the Jaguar on-line system (GTR) which is a subscription service available via the Jaguar website.
There are,if I recall correctly, short term (one day or perhaps one month) options if required.
Some of the E-bay CD specials are useful for information, if you get a good one......they are there...... but as usual....buyer beware !!


dhammond
Posts:21
Joined:Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:13 pm
Location:Luton, Bedfordshire

Postby dhammond » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:40 pm

Try alldatadiy.com.

They have information on the X308 which is accessed online on a subscription basis (just under $50 for a 5 year subscription for one vehicle).

Note: The data relates to the models sold in America but most of the information is relevant to the UK models.

I have used them for a number of years for my previous X300 and my current X308.

Regards,

David


joejag308

Member
Posts:838
Joined:Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:45 am
Location:LEEDS

Other Sites

Postby joejag308 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:35 am

David it sounds like you think the Alldatadiy site and others are the bees knees....and its just "a few dollars more".........but is it authentic information?
It doesnt take very much for the wrong info to damage a 308.
They were built so us amature mechanics and technicians shouldnt mess with them without the proper diagnostic equipment........
This forum is based on both technical information given by authentic Jaguar based technicians and a lot of practical work done by 308 members and specialists as far as we can.
There is a place for these other sites for people who dont have the connections this JEC site and you as a member has.
However i do hope all your problems can be sorted out within this forum and you continue to use it ..........Joe



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests