Search found 34 matches
- Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:13 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Cooling System
- Topic: Radiator Overflow............
- Replies: 8
- Views: 5378
Cooling
David, Since we last spoke on this , my rad failed big time. Bit the bullet and bought a radtek ally race rad, bigger core and a piece of alluminium excellence that has to be seen to be appreciated. Its stunning, fitted now for over 1000 miles, the Kenlow only cycles in on prolonged stops at junctio...
- Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:04 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸The price of fish
- Topic: Is fish pricey?
- Replies: 8
- Views: 4817
1,2,3, Dizzies are seriously good, as my 22 year old petrol head NDN says. they Rock. I have had one in the Jag for about 3 months now and it is superb, face it I hammer the nuts out of the car and its performed faultlessly. The other great mods are, Gas adjustable shocks, front and rear uprated rol...
- Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:54 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸The price of fish
- Topic: The One Shoe Conundrum
- Replies: 12
- Views: 6357
Hey Guys, the shoe bit... remeber????
Gents (and any Ladies involved) Welsh underware, snow, storage space, winter warmers (more underware) have we lost the plot? Yes, thank goodness, after all, the price of fish must be eclectic and wander a little (or a lot) Anyway, new find today, or should I say sighting, ran over a navies clog on t...
- Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:55 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸The price of fish
- Topic: Boom, boom ....
- Replies: 6
- Views: 5049
- Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:55 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸The price of fish
- Topic: The One Shoe Conundrum
- Replies: 12
- Views: 6357
The One Shoe Conundrum
Over several months whilst travelling along the motorways in both the UK and abroad I have noticed on occasions a single shoe abandoned on the hard shoulder, last week for example no less than 6 individual items of footware were spotted in a trip from Swansea back to London. The next day 3 more, a t...
- Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:51 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Electrics
- Topic: Another new member with a wiring question.
- Replies: 14
- Views: 4369
- Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:55 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸The price of fish
- Topic: Is fish pricey?
- Replies: 8
- Views: 4817
Last Post
Hello everyone, I am afraid that I have had to take Ian back to his room and have told him very sternly that he must not post silly blogs on this web site any more. No 6 lump hammer indeed, David try this...... turning the engine over (plugs removed) by hand,"tap" the sides of the distributor with a...
- Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:48 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸The price of fish
- Topic: Is fish pricey?
- Replies: 8
- Views: 4817
Fish
Dont eat fish, same reason I dont drink water, fish make love in water and as fish live in water its obvious to anyone with any kind of logic, that water contains fish and therefore is bad for you. See.... Logic, thats what does it...... take your dizzy, apply some logic young David.. undo retaining...
- Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:03 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Electrics
- Topic: Alternator conversion.
- Replies: 11
- Views: 6908
Strange how things work, The guy who told me about the US unit (Alternator/power steering) called and could remeber no more than "Its a place in Dallas and I saw it in the mag." (JEC mag) So in the Feb edition I found this on page 121 mid page. "Power Steering, generator to alternator MkII. www.retr...
- Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:05 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Bodywork
- Topic: vented bonnet
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1637
- Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:58 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Bodywork
- Topic: Bare metal resto
- Replies: 10
- Views: 5236
HI, I read these posts with interest, my bonnet and boot both had severe micro blistering when I got the car, I have had the bonnet louvered and both stripped back to bare metal, fortunatley they were sound with no filler. they were preped with proper base coat primer (several) and then two packed t...
Hi Guys, I am based in Berkshire, (Maidenhead) A meet sound great now that I've got the beast running well and the misfire issues are gone. Did 200+ miles last Friday, down to Goodwood for a Classic driving day (Xmas pressy from the kids). Drove a DB 4, very similar but not as good as the Jag, a 4.2...
- Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:48 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Exhaust
- Topic: Vented Bonnets
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3334
Vented bonnet.
I realise that this is so....ool ate but.. I have just louvered my 3.4 with proper pressed vents, they look great and the heat dissipation is really amazing, the engine now runs cooler and the Kenlow does not cycle as much. To solve the standing rain problem I have fitted a stainless cover under the...
- Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:34 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Electrics
- Topic: Alternator conversion.
- Replies: 11
- Views: 6908
Alternator P/S
Guys I havnt forgotton and am still chasing the info, (the chap who told me/has this is in SA at the mo)
I will post as soon as I get the details.
Ian.
I will post as soon as I get the details.
Ian.
- Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:28 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Electrics
- Topic: Another new member with a wiring question.
- Replies: 14
- Views: 4369
Electrical issues solved
Well, Its taken a while but I have finaly done the deed and the 3.4 now has a new front loom, a new 1-2-3 dizzie, silicone leads and several other bits that have solved many problems. The old loom broke apart on removal, it was so brittle and in some places the insulation had rotted away and live wi...