Search found 6 matches
- Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:03 pm
- Forum:E-Type ▸Steering
- Topic: Series 1.5 ots steering column conversion LHD to RHD
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1485
Series 1.5 ots steering column conversion LHD to RHD
I’m restoring a series 1.5 1968 roadster and converting from LHD to RHD. Most of the conversion is relatively straightforward, new RHD loom, RHD rack, dash panels and glove box, change organ style accelerator pedal for pendulum style and bend the clutch pedal to give correct spacing, re route brake ...
- Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:21 am
- Forum:E-Type ▸Electrical Problems
- Topic: Starter solenoid relay
- Replies: 0
- Views: 1071
Starter solenoid relay
I’m rewiring a series 1.5 roadster, 1968. I’m also converting from LHD to RHD with new RHD looms. The old relays are covered in paint and verdigris and I’m struggling to identify the type (part number) for the starter solenoid relay together with its position in the car. I’ve managed to identify fan...
- Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:12 pm
- Forum:E-Type ▸Cooling System
- Topic: Series 1.5 cooling
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3196
Re: Series 1.5 cooling
Thanks Mike. I put the cooling issue on the back burner as I had plenty of other jobs to do but it's now time to resurrect it. I'll try NAR.
- Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:44 pm
- Forum:E-Type ▸Interiors
- Topic: Seat base colour
- Replies: 0
- Views: 1156
Seat base colour
I'm currently restoring the seats for an etype 4.2 series 1.5 roadster, British racing green with suede green interior. The seat pans and also the hood frame need stripping and painting. They are a pale blue/grey green. Nothing else in the car is this colour. Has anyone any suggestion what this colo...
- Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:06 pm
- Forum:E-Type ▸Interiors
- Topic: Dash facia covering material
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1955
Dash facia covering material
I need to re-cover the dashboard facias on my 1968 etype roadsters but cant find what the correct material is. Its not rexine or blown vinyl and appears to be a fairly hard plastic with an embossed leather look. It looks as if it probably had to be warmed to make it sufficiently flexible to mould to...
- Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:38 pm
- Forum:E-Type ▸Cooling System
- Topic: Series 1.5 cooling
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3196
Series 1.5 cooling
I have a series 1.5 roadster under restoration. It has a series 1.5 / series 2 radiator and was presumably connected to the later water rail and bulkhead expansion tank and as its ex LHD presumably had the twin solex carbs and emissions pipe work. Sometime in its earlier life the water rail and carb...