i am restoring a LHD 1959 MK IX and need a front grill. Where can i get one of these for my car?
Thanks in advance.
Search found 20 matches
- Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:19 pm
- Forum:Flagship Saloons ▸Mk VII, VIII & IX
- Topic: Dubai MK IX Question
- Replies: 0
- Views: 2197
- Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:32 pm
- Forum:S-Type ▸Transmission
- Topic: S Type R 2002 V8 Gearbox Incipient Failure
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3711
S Type R 2002 V8 Gearbox Incipient Failure
I have a 2002 V8 S Type R with very low mileage. 18 months ago the gearbox deveolped a leak and was subsequently replaced by the Jaguar main dealer. The replacement gearbox is now misbehaving when it changes gear from first to second and vice versa. The Jaguar main dealer has told me that I need to ...
- Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:34 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Electrics
- Topic: Driver's Side Window Does Not Work
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1358
Driver's Side Window Does Not Work
Pop and Paul, Thankyou both for your replies. You are both right. It was the rubishy motor that was faulty. We do not have Scrappys like you do in the UK. Our yards are full of Japanese cars and the parts are often priced at 60% of new. I have removed the motor from an XJS that I am breaking and wil...
- Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:35 am
- Forum:XJS ▸Electrics
- Topic: Driver's Side Window Does Not Work
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1358
Driver's Side Window Does Not Work
My LHD car is a 1989 V12 convertible. The driver's window does not go up and down. I have removed the switch and given it a thorough clean - still no joy. I substitiuted it with the passenger side switch - still no joy. I cannot locate the fuse for the window motors - are these in-line?
Thanks
Omar
Thanks
Omar
- Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:45 am
- Forum:XJS ▸General
- Topic: Can Anyone Tune up My Car in Dubai???
- Replies: 2
- Views: 781
Can Anyone Tune up My Car in Dubai???
That can be arranged if you tune my car up........................
As a bonus you will also get to drive the car with the top down in sunny Dubai for a few days.
Any prefernces on the came? there are tall ones, stumpy ones, moody ones.................
Omar
As a bonus you will also get to drive the car with the top down in sunny Dubai for a few days.
Any prefernces on the came? there are tall ones, stumpy ones, moody ones.................
Omar
- Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:52 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸General
- Topic: Can Anyone Tune up My Car in Dubai???
- Replies: 2
- Views: 781
Can Anyone Tune up My Car in Dubai???
My 1989 US spec XJS idles rough but drives well. it has never run properly since the heads were refaced and put back on at great expense. I suspect an air leak is the problem but the engine bay is so full of stuff I am too scared to touch anything. I am also convinced that the timing is incorrect as...
- Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:39 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Electrics
- Topic: 1989 XJS V12 instrument upgrade ???
- Replies: 14
- Views: 8434
1989 XJS V12 instrument upgrade ???
Neil, I have not got round to doing the mod yet, but I am pleased that you have managed to do it. Is it possible to share the info with the rest of us? I have the donor car sitting there complete with all wires and connectors ready to give up whatever is needed to do the mod. Both cars are V12s in m...
- Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:21 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸General
- Topic: Dubai Holiday??
- Replies: 0
- Views: 579
Dubai Holiday??
if anyone is choosing to visit Dubai and can help me tune my 1989 XJS V12 I would be most grateful. The car has been to the main dealer twice and it is far from running perfect. If you know the V12 engine and are comimg out to Dubai, please email me on joemar@eim.ae I would appreciate an independant...
- Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:23 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Bodywork
- Topic: rear seat conversion
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3131
- Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:16 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Bodywork
- Topic: rear seat conversion
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3131
I need a back seat.............
come on you knowledgeable folk out there ........... please shed some light here.
thanks
thanks
- Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:35 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Bodywork
- Topic: rear seat conversion
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3131
seats in the back of a Covertible
I know from reading other member comments that the cabriolet lends itself to the rear seat conversion, but the convertible is a different kettle of fish. It cannot be that much of a problem; if Jaguar managed to do it maybe we could too. Has anyone attempted this conversion?
- Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:49 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Bodywork
- Topic: rear seat conversion
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3131
Seat Conversion
I am watching this one eagerly. I too have a pre-facelift model which despeartely needs rear seats. I also have a coupe with rear seats poised to donate its wares - will these fit? As a last resort, I also have a facelift 4 seater convertible that could donate its rear seats, but that is my absolute...
- Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:58 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Brakes
- Topic: ABS Warning Light Stays On
- Replies: 7
- Views: 2834
Progress Report
Now I can tell you all that the accumulator was not the only source of the light staying on. I got an accumulator from a Range Rover (part number STC 2784) which was a fraction of the price of a Jaguar part. But the light did not go out!! the problem was the multi-pin switch near trhe accumulator. c...
- Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:39 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Bodywork
- Topic: Louvered Bonnets
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1750
Ralp and Peter, thanks both for your words of wisdom. as a matter of note, no one in Dubai lets fresh air into the cabin as this elevates the cabin temperature to unacceptable levels. these cars have great aircon in temperatures below 40deg C but above that, they seem to go down hill exponentially. ...
- Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:45 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Brakes
- Topic: ABS Warning Light Stays On
- Replies: 7
- Views: 2834
here is the latest. I now know all there is to know about ruddy accumulators. The american GM part number is not recognised in Dubai but I am sure it is a common part in the states. Range Rovers have the same accumulator and are a third of the price in Dubai. I split a failed accumulator to see what...