Search found 9 matches
Re: V12 Oil
Thanks - never heard of Morris oil, but I see from their website that they specialise in oils for all sorts of ancient machinery.
V12 Oil
Once upon a time there was plenty of choice for 20/50 oils and the world was a better place. The only one that I can now find easily is Halfords Classic, which fills me with dread. The oil cooler recently sprang a leak (expensive!) and to get me home I topped up with 10/40, the only thing available....
- Sat May 24, 2014 1:10 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Cooling System
- Topic: Antifreeze
- Replies: 8
- Views: 5450
Re: Antifreeze
I think that I will stick with the old blue stuff. I am happy to change the ant-freeze every couple of years. Thanks for your advice.
- Thu May 22, 2014 12:02 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Cooling System
- Topic: Antifreeze
- Replies: 8
- Views: 5450
Antifreeze
I have ordered a new set of hoses for the beast, but am now wondering about the type of antifreeze to use. I have in mind that the more modern antifreeze is bad for older vehicles as it attacks the lead in the radiator. What is your recommendation?
- Tue May 13, 2014 5:56 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Cooling System
- Topic: Silicon Rubber Hoses
- Replies: 9
- Views: 5640
- Mon May 12, 2014 3:17 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Cooling System
- Topic: Silicon Rubber Hoses
- Replies: 9
- Views: 5640
Silicon Rubber Hoses
Does anyone have experience of fitting silicon rubber hoses to a V12? Had the embarrassment of blowing a hose after overtaking a queue of traffic the other weekend and I really don't want that happen again.
- Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:57 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: Rust proofing
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2717
Re: Rust proofing
Thank for your suggestions, I am near Glasgow. As far as I know there is only one Dinitrol agent in the area. I have had it up on a lift and as far as I can tell there is no significant rust. I intend to keep it that way!
- Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:12 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: Rust proofing
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2717
Rust proofing
I must have lost my mind as I am now the proud, but slightly worried, owner of a 1990 XJS V12 convertible. To protect it against the evils of weather I plan to have it rust proofed by our local Dinitrol agent. Does anyone have any special recommendations as to where and how it should be treated. I u...