Thanks. Your drawing is correct. Only the connector numbers in my switch are not the same as in the wiring diagram.
I cut off the extra wires not used in a standard transmission MK2.
Search found 21 matches
- Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:57 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Electrics
- Topic: MK2 Light Switch connections
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1855
- Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:49 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸Electrics
- Topic: MK2 Light Switch connections
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1855
MK2 Light Switch connections
Hi, I have problems connecting wirings to the light switch. It should be quite easy but all diagrams show connector numbers above 10 and mine has all numbers below 10 (7 in total). Has anyone this kind of light switch? It should be original for a 1965 MK2 2.4 Liter (LHD/Export/Non-USA) model. See pi...
- Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:57 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸Bodywork
- Topic: Rear bumper fittings
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2027
- Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:27 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸Electrics
- Topic: Another new member with a wiring question.
- Replies: 14
- Views: 4353
I noticed the good hint but too late for me :oops: Main probem is that I replaced my car's outer sills with new ones and thus would have to remove those strings anyway. Here is my plan (!): a. There is a whole at the rear of the sill (rubber plug in wheel arch) which gives you a straigh line without...
- Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:36 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Bodywork
- Topic: Help: Placement of crank up antenna mechanism
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1671
- Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:37 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸Bodywork
- Topic: Help: Placement of crank up antenna mechanism
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1671
Help: Placement of crank up antenna mechanism
I found an original Smith's crank up antenna and now I'm not sure where place the unit. This version has a rotating arm - not a stick as seen in some pictures. a. Under the dash on the driver's side? b. On side of the radio console on the opposite side of driver? c. Elsewhere? Any help appreciated a...
- Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:32 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸Electrics
- Topic: Another new member with a wiring question.
- Replies: 14
- Views: 4353
- Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:23 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸Bodywork
- Topic: Link: Color codes
- Replies: 0
- Views: 1372
Link: Color codes
I finally found the color code for my Opalescent Gun Metal gray from here. It's Standox's Wizard type color selector application - quite handy. http://www.sxcolor.info/scripts/colorinfo.dll/category?b=1&m=001&l=3&flow=special If you use some other paint manufacturer your paint dealer can perhaps con...
- Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:11 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸Brakes
- Topic: making brake pipes
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4629
Here is a link to pages where you can see my 'pipes'. Unfortunately the bleed nipples are at the bottom of the piston from June 1964 up. This positioning is a critical choice when you make the bridging pipes! http://www.ids.fi/mk2_partimages.htm#RearBrakes At the moment I have all nipples at top whi...
- Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:19 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸Bodywork
- Topic: Solved problem: Tight sliding windows (MK2)
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1646
Solved problem: Tight sliding windows (MK2)
Hi, I replaced all seals etc. to the door frames. Now the problem is that the sliding windows are extremely tight in the 'groove' and you need a lot of force to get them moving. The seal seems to be correctly installed - fits nicely into the frame groove. Are they different types of seals for MK2 or...
- Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:14 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸Bodywork
- Topic: Engine decal placement
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2011
- Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:08 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸General
- Topic: Interested in DIY glass polishing?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1251
I just finished polishing all the glasses excluding the windscreen. As an idiot I had stored it so that I had cracked :oops: Actually the most amazing result came when I polished the sliding glasses in the doors. They are always very scratchy (sand tends to get inside the weather strip and as the gl...
- Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:03 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸General
- Topic: Interested in DIY glass polishing?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1251
Interested in DIY glass polishing?
Here is a link to my MK2 projects home pages describing how to do it.
Cost for 'new' windscreen and all the glasses will be around 7 GBP!
http://www.ids.fi/mk2_partimages.htm#GlassPolishing
Visit again after a few weeks as the windscreen has not being polished yet.
-Jyrki
Cost for 'new' windscreen and all the glasses will be around 7 GBP!
http://www.ids.fi/mk2_partimages.htm#GlassPolishing
Visit again after a few weeks as the windscreen has not being polished yet.
-Jyrki
- Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:57 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸Brakes
- Topic: making brake pipes
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4629
I just replaced all brake pipes for my 2.4 and made the pipes by myself. I also had a ready set but this was waste of money. All pipes are just cut to length and had connectors. Even the lengths were not correct. It was easier for me to make the pipes from standard pipe (3/16" I quess) and bend it s...
- Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:34 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸Bodywork
- Topic: Engine decal placement
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2011