Search found 4 matches
- Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:10 pm
- Forum:X350 ▸Transmission
- Topic: Clunky Transmission?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 5581
Re: Clunky Transmission?
Ah, ha. The dreaded lurch again! Try this link. http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CDYQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thelurch.com%2F&ei=URQdUtXvB6W47Abnr4HwAg&usg=AFQjCNEL9BKYETtjdWpoTKOZf37zB3kJzg&bvm=bv.51156542,d.ZGU Mike . Fantastic!!!! Thank you. I've ema...
- Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:51 pm
- Forum:X350 ▸Transmission
- Topic: Clunky Transmission?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 5581
Re: Clunky Transmission?
I've just been reading Jaguar Driver magazine and there was mention of a owner who had a 'lurch' as the car comes to a stop. I could definitely relate to a lurch as part of the clunk that I get. It's like something being released. A clutch? In the writer case he had to have a new gearbox under warra...
- Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:57 am
- Forum:X350 ▸Transmission
- Topic: Clunky Transmission?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 5581
Re: Clunky Transmission?
Thanks David I had the gearbox reflashed in April when it was serviced and it made no difference. I only use it on proper runs as i know about the problems caused by short runs and the DPF. The main reason I don't use it more is the clunky drive. It's so annoying I always pick one of my others!! I'd...
- Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:31 pm
- Forum:X350 ▸Transmission
- Topic: Clunky Transmission?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 5581
Clunky Transmission?
Hi All I'm thinking of selling my 2008 XJ Sovereign 2.7TD even though it's absolutely mint and has only done 12000 miles. I bought it 3 years ago at 8000 miles as a weekend car but ever since i bought it I find the automatic transmission very 'clunky'. The gear changes are very noticeable and when t...