Search found 12 matches
- Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:56 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸General
- Topic: Scraping / grinding noise...
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1481
Scraping noise
Hello Pete, I have had a similar problem with my XJ40 which was the rear brake disc cover catching on the disc and only occured when the car was turning. Did not happen in a straight line. Solution was to use a screwdriver to ease the cover away from the disc. I hope this is as simple for you as I w...
- Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:49 am
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸General
- Topic: central locking
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1508
locks
My car is back & the locks are free. WD & perseverance worked. Good luck with yours Kevin.
Regards,
Rodger
Regards,
Rodger
- Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:04 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸General
- Topic: central locking
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1508
stiff locks
Hello Kevin, I have a '94 Daimler (XJ40) with similar problems. When you say locking is difficult, I am assuming you mean the mechanical action of turning the key in the lock rather than the remote action (by pressing a button on the key). Initially my driver's door lock became stiff then would not ...
- Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:30 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸Bodywork
- Topic: Bonnet Catch
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2090
I have had a similar problem on my '94 Daimler (XJ40). The problem was simply resolved by 'jiggling' the bonnet release lever and lubricating the under-bonnet catch. The problem occurs when the button at the end of the cable does not return fully to it's 'end' position. http://www.jec-xj-forum.org.u...
- Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:43 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸Air Con
- Topic: HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO GET MY AIRCON RE-CHARGED?
- Replies: 6
- Views: 5548
aircon cost
Hi Dennis, I have had the aircon on my 4.0L Daimler (XJ40) re-gassed a couple of times. I firstly enquired at a Jaguar main dealer who quoted £90! After a bit of searching, I found that Halfords sell an air conditioning charge for £39.15 & will recharge themselves for an extra tenner or so (the can ...
- Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:45 am
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸General
- Topic: Clock has nervous breakdown
- Replies: 16
- Views: 4844
- Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:41 am
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸General
- Topic: Clock has nervous breakdown
- Replies: 16
- Views: 4844
Thanks Rob, This sounds sensible. I could never understand why the battery should be in the boot in the first place, although the engine bay is rather full, I am sure they could have squeezed it in somehow!! The auto electrician did find a 0.5 volt drain when I left the car overnight which, he said ...
- Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:11 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸Bodywork
- Topic: Buying a replacement rear view mirror (X-308, 1998)
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2157
- Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:18 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸General
- Topic: Clock has nervous breakdown
- Replies: 16
- Views: 4844
Hello Derek, I find it strange that you can view only 2 images whereas I see 16! When I log on to the XJ Bulletin Board I click on the yellow highlighted 'XJ Gallery & Register', at the bottom of the next page I click on 'XJ Gallery' and then 'View All Gallery Entires' which brings up the first of t...
- Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:51 am
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸General
- Topic: Clock has nervous breakdown
- Replies: 16
- Views: 4844
clock
Thanks Rob, I have discovered there is another 'glitch' - in that something may be draining the (new) battery as I have, on one or two occasions, had to put it on a small charge in order for the car to start over the past few days. It occurs to me that this may be affecting the clock. In order to tr...
- Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:55 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸General
- Topic: Clock has nervous breakdown
- Replies: 16
- Views: 4844
clock
Thanks for your reply Rob. You are quite right-XJ40.
I have previously tried this to no avail. The books tell me to 'go around the clock' which also failed. I am getting used to ignoring the thing altogether, although it would be nice for it to work properly!
Rodger.
I have previously tried this to no avail. The books tell me to 'go around the clock' which also failed. I am getting used to ignoring the thing altogether, although it would be nice for it to work properly!
Rodger.
- Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:18 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸General
- Topic: Clock has nervous breakdown
- Replies: 16
- Views: 4844
Clock has nervous breakdown
I wonder if anyone is able to solve an issue I have with the clock on my 1994 Daimler 6 since I changed the car's battery. Each time I switch off the ignition, it resets itself to a random time (often 1.00 am). I have tried the suggestions in the handbook to no avail (i.e. 'going round the clock') a...