Search found 22 matches
- Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:33 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Electrics
- Topic: Side light
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1367
Side light
Does anyone know the screw size for fitting the front side lights? As usual the after market lights I bought don't sit quite the same as the originals and the screw is just too short to bite so I need to find a new one of the same type.
- Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:02 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸General
- Topic: Poor running MK2
- Replies: 8
- Views: 4031
Re: Poor running MK2
I can finally close this issue. After various false trails including a carb rebuild (which was needed anyway) the fault has proven to be the Lumenition electronic ignition system. A 1-2-3 unit has been fitted and the problem solved. I don't know if there is an issue with the Lunenition on +ve earth ...
- Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:32 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸General
- Topic: Poor running MK2
- Replies: 8
- Views: 4031
Re: Poor running MK2
I get the car back today from a different garage. They found the fuel was contaminated. Fingers crossed this resolves it.
- Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:09 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸General
- Topic: Poor running MK2
- Replies: 8
- Views: 4031
Re: Poor running MK2
Thanks for the replies. The current issue isn't a misfire or though I did have this which turned out to be a plug lead arcing on the head. I will check the earth on the distributor. The coils have been the correct type and the floats and jets and needles have been checked and replaced. I think I am ...
- Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:39 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸General
- Topic: Poor running MK2
- Replies: 8
- Views: 4031
Poor running MK2
All summer I have been having a catalogue of problems with my 3.4 which seem to get fixed only to return. I had an engine rebuild over the winter and when I got it back it ran fine. After 500 miles or so the car spluttered to a halt and was recovered to the same garage. They diagnosed a failed elect...
- Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:55 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸Bodywork
- Topic: Stainless steel bumpers?
- Replies: 8
- Views: 4974
Re: Stainless steel bumpers?
I had accident damage to the rear bumper on my 62 MK2 and decided to try stainless steel and I am quite pleased with the result. Being a non standard part it took a bit of fettling to get it to fit but it looks good and is lighter than the standard one. I bought from http://www.groupharrington.com/e...
- Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:21 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸Bodywork
- Topic: Rear bumper rubber 1962 MK2
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2881
- Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:05 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸Engine
- Topic: JEC Oil pressure guage and sender
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1998
JEC Oil pressure guage and sender
Has anyone any experience with the JEC oil pressure kit? Has it proved to be accurate and reliable or would a capillary gauge be a better option?
- Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:03 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸Bodywork
- Topic: Rear bumper rubber 1962 MK2
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2881
Rear bumper rubber 1962 MK2
Does anyone know if the rubber strip can be replaced with out removing the rear bumper? It looks like there are clips holding it in place and I don't want to remove the old one if I have a bigger job on my hands.
- Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:24 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸Electrics
- Topic: Brake light switch
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2765
Re: Brake light switch
Thanks Alec, I have considered fitting a switch to the pedal but as a last resort. I have found what is claimed to be a genuine Jaguar, made in England brake light switch which I have ordered and will give a try. I guess next stop will be the relay and if that doesn't work I will fit a switch to the...
- Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:42 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸Electrics
- Topic: Brake light switch
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2765
Brake light switch
Has anyone found a reliable brake light switch or a work around to replace them? The switch on my car fails every year and I replace it and slowly but surely it fails. From what I can find on the web it is generally accepted that modern replacements are poor quality. I have also read about wiring a ...
- Fri May 17, 2013 9:08 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸Electrics
- Topic: Choke Warning Light
- Replies: 5
- Views: 3128
Re: Choke Warning Light
Just had a go at this and whilst I can see this is how to get at it with my large hands I don't stand a chance. Will have to look for a little helper.
- Tue May 14, 2013 6:26 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸Electrics
- Topic: Choke Warning Light
- Replies: 5
- Views: 3128
- Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:40 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸Electrics
- Topic: Choke Warning Light
- Replies: 5
- Views: 3128
Choke Warning Light
Anyone know how to get to the choke warning bulb? It doesn't seem accessible from the front and I have removed the panel over the top of the dash and can't get to it that way either. There must be a simple way of changing it without too much surgery.
- Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:18 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸Electrics
- Topic: 3.4 mk 2 oils and filters
- Replies: 9
- Views: 4305
Re: 3.4 mk 2 oils and filters
SNG Barratt do a spin on oil filter adaptor, had one on my 3.4 for 5 years it's much easier than the standard paper filter.