Search found 120 matches
- Mon Aug 18, 2025 11:24 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸Bodywork
- Topic: Mk2 front door locks
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2403
Re: Mk2 front door locks
I have a similar problem with my driver's door on my Daimler. If I let the door close under its own weight, it sometimes locks and the key is required to open it. Or I go in through the quarter light! AlecG.
- Tue Apr 22, 2025 12:01 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸Engine
- Topic: XJ40 Won't Start
- Replies: 9
- Views: 3665
Re: XJ40 Won't Start
Why not try some "easystart" blown into the intake pipe. If it fires you are on to a winning clue!
- Fri Feb 21, 2025 12:30 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸General
- Topic: Original Wheels on a 1997 X300 3.2 Sport
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1413
Re: Original Wheels on a 1997 X300 3.2 Sport
My understanding is that the Sport had the wider wheels fitted, the 8jx16 that took the 225x55 tyre. They came in Dimple and 20 spoke style. I have two of the Dimples , used, if you are interested. I bought them some time ago when I needed to replace a damaged wheel and could not get the narrower 7j...
- Tue Jan 14, 2025 4:00 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸Fuel System
- Topic: Fuel Cap Lid.
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1211
Re: Fuel Cap Lid.
I did further investigation and found a small hole in one of the activation brackets. I inserted a length of wire and pulled downward. The cap released! I will now spray the mechanism with WD 40 to try to prevent a re-occurrence. Alec G.
- Tue Jan 14, 2025 2:56 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸Fuel System
- Topic: Fuel Cap Lid.
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1211
Fuel Cap Lid.
i have an x330 from 1996. Recently, I attempted to add fuel to the car, BUT, the fuel tank "lid" would not open. I dived into the boot, not literally, and fiddled with all the obvious leads, but to no avail. I had heard that there should be an over-ride chord, but there is no sign of it. So what is ...
- Tue Dec 17, 2024 5:59 pm
- Forum:XJ Series Saloons ▸General
- Topic: Keys, what should I have?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1084
Re: Keys, what should I have?
I have a 1976 series 2. There are 3 keys. One opens the driver's door, another opens the boot lid and a third fits the ignition. I can't get at the car at the moment to see what opens the glove box or the passenger door, but I normally use the central locking switch between the seats to open the pas...
- Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:44 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸Bodywork
- Topic: Rear Wheelarch Repair.
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1499
Rear Wheelarch Repair.
I recently noticed some bubbling in the paintwork around my offside rear wheel arch of my X300. Closer inspection indicated an area of crumbling bodywork. I have had trouble aquiring a reasonably priced repair panel. I have been offered ones suitable for the XJ40, which are similar. I wonder has any...
- Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:19 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Bodywork
- Topic: Different weather strips
- Replies: 11
- Views: 2718
- Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:40 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Bodywork
- Topic: Different weather strips
- Replies: 11
- Views: 2718
Re: Different weather strips
My '63 Daimler had the brush type "seals" that allows plenty of rainwater into the door, which then passes out of the door via the drain holes. I modified mine by adding a separate rubber "up the window" seal to the outside. This entailed removing the window glass and drilling four holes into the do...
- Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:13 am
- Forum:XJ Series Saloons ▸General
- Topic: New Member North Wales
- Replies: 12
- Views: 2781
Re: New Member North Wales
Our November meeting will include a presentation by Barry Wills of DeLoreon fame! he will regale us with his stories of the saga. We meet at 7:30pm, but there will be folks eating before the talk/meeting begins. Alec Gurney.
- Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:15 pm
- Forum:XJ Series Saloons ▸General
- Topic: New Member North Wales
- Replies: 12
- Views: 2781
Re: New Member North Wales
Hi Julie, I am a member of the North Wales region and a regular attender at the monthly meeting. Roger Hill have been poorly recently and is no longer the local representive. The club magazine entry should now be changed to show a new contact! In the meantime I can be contacted here or at "alexander...
- Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:19 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸General
- Topic: X300 IMMOBILISER
- Replies: 10
- Views: 2705
Re: X300 IMMOBILISER
Some time ago,I changed the headlining in my X300. It would not start and was immobilisedI After many hours I dicovered that I had trapped one of the wires between the headlining and the roof! This gave an electrical short and tripped the immobiliser in some way! Easily fixedI AlecG.
- Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:13 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸XJ Forum Events
- Topic: Summer Events 2022
- Replies: 9
- Views: 2318
Re: Summer Events 2022
Have a look at "coffeeandcarscheshire.co.uk" They have been doing small scale informal meets for a few years now. Alec G.
- Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:08 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Bodywork
- Topic: Jaguar 340 1968
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1706
Re: Jaguar 340 1968
I have a variety of spare parts! Should you need a replacement, give me a shout on here! Alec G.
- Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:52 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Engine
- Topic: Oil Leak - crankshaft rear oil seal
- Replies: 16
- Views: 3739
Re: Oil Leak - crankshaft rear oil seal
I borrowed the sizing tool many, many moons ago, so it should be available. Talk to the head office.