Search found 31 matches
- Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:29 am
- Forum:XJS ▸General
- Topic: stollen , who else likes it ?
- Replies: 24
- Views: 6825
Re: stollen , who else likes it ?
I've already had my first Christmas present this week. A new engine fan, two thermostats plus gaskets, V12 hose kit, fan switch, a pack of grommets and 20L of antifreeze. This is what happens when your mum offers to collect pre-ordered parts for you because she lives closer to the industrial unit an...
- Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:21 am
- Forum:XJS ▸Bodywork
- Topic: Dechroming a TWR
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2730
Re: Dechroming a TWR
I haven't tried painting the plastic bits as the headlight surrounds etc are in good condition. The bits I've done to date have been metal and I've tended to go over whatever basecoat TWR put on the parts, which seems to be holding well in most cases. I've now done the wing mirrors which have come o...
- Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:25 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Cooling System
- Topic: Fan keeps running
- Replies: 4
- Views: 3453
Re: Fan keeps running
Yes it could heat up the remaining coolant and produce a quicker than expected response from the fan, but if it wasn't run beforehand, just enough to put it up on the trailer, then I doubt it would have time to get that hot to trip the fan switch even with low coolant. Easy way to check would be to ...
- Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:52 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Cooling System
- Topic: Fan keeps running
- Replies: 4
- Views: 3453
Re: Fan keeps running
I'll qualify this response with fact I'm not familiar with facelift cars. But the pre-facelift cars have a bootstrap circuit built into the auxillary fan that keeps it powered post shutdown while the coolant remains above a certain temperature. The relay (during running and post shutdown) is operate...
Re: Model Car
I hope those jeans haven't got any metal press rivits on the back. Ouch for the paintwork.
- Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:22 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸General
- Topic: Harvey Bailey Engineering
- Replies: 7
- Views: 4179
Re: Harvey Bailey Engineering
Jaguarsport used a different strength torsion bar on the rack for the XJR-S (.250" ?) which reduces the assist, which I think was developed from / is the same as the steering modification that TWR offered as a stand alone pre Jaguarsport. There may also be accompanying changes in the pressure valves...
- Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:54 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸For Sale or Wanted
- Topic: Jaguar XJ-S Lister - For Sale
- Replies: 9
- Views: 4318
Re: Jaguar XJ-S Lister - For Sale
I think it is very difficult to objectively value the car and come up with an asking price. It's likely to be a very subjective purchase for the eventual buyer and hopefully bought because of a love for the car itself rather than pure economics. Its certainly a striking and individual car which I th...
- Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:17 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸General
- Topic: Latest Pictures of the Lister
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1530
Re: Latest Pictures of the Lister
Nice to see it out in the open and running. Hopefully you will be able to generate some excitment at Dudley if you can turn the engine over and give it a few revs :twisted: I expect you will find it pretty quick on 0-60 with the manual box and 4.0L up front, which doesn't have the weight disadvantag...
- Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:53 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Bodywork
- Topic: Dechroming a TWR
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2730
Dechroming a TWR
As I've posted before, I've decided to add some of the TWR options to my car that weren't fitted when the car was originally converted in the 80's. My current project is to dechrome as much of the car as practical, per the satin black option offered by TWR. First part of my dechroming project is now...
- Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:10 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸General
- Topic: Cost of a Lister Conversion in 1989
- Replies: 7
- Views: 3012
Re: Cost of a Lister Conversion in 1989
£11,000 for the body styling :shock: There must be a lot of work on the wheelarches. I assume that figure didn't include the engine modifications? TWR only charged £2,100 for their kit including painting. Be interested to see how the Lister kit specifically effects the aerodynamics. Rear wing and re...
- Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:11 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Fuel System
- Topic: refurbished the fuel system in the boot
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3816
Re: refurbished the fuel system in the boot
I had a pinhole leak in the bottom of my fuel tank last year which sort of did most of the fuel draining for me, but I went the same route as you for draining the rest of the tank. I just lightly clipped the hose until I could get a container under it. My swirl pot had a drain valve to drain through...
- Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:18 am
- Forum:XJS ▸Electrics
- Topic: How to remove this from the bonnet?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1663
Re: How to remove this from the bonnet?
The only way I found to remove that bolt it was to take the whole of that rear section off which then gave easy access to all the bolts securing the lights and the center piece. However I also had a couple of bolts on that light section that needed a bit of persuading to move and was doing some othe...
- Wed May 08, 2013 9:26 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Engine
- Topic: V12 AAV issue identified
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2330
Re: V12 AAV issue identified
Almost sounds like its an overrun cutoff kicking in and cutting off the fuel to the injectors until the revs drop. I think they deleted the overrun valves from post 1988 cars and it was done by ECU trickery and a throttle switch rather than a throttle closed vacuum signal with a rev count above a se...
- Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:50 am
- Forum:XJS ▸General
- Topic: bad starter
- Replies: 11
- Views: 3700
Re: bad starter
I had a quick look at a US 1993 MY product support guide for the XJRS. It mentions the 6L XJRS having two downrated fuel pump modules to cope with the demands of the 6L engine. Both are controlled by a single relay and the wiring layout looks otherwise the same. There is a Jaguarsport part number fo...
- Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:03 am
- Forum:XJS ▸General
- Topic: bad starter
- Replies: 11
- Views: 3700
Re: bad starter
Sounds like the noise is the fuel pump pressurizing the fuel rail prior to start. It takes around five seconds to pressurize on my 87 5.3 V12 before it shuts off to prevent over fueling/flooding. It won't start if I try and turn the ignition before it fully pressurizes. The pump is switched via a re...