Search found 15 matches
- Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:26 pm
- Forum:XJ Series Saloons ▸General
- Topic: Magazine content
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1528
Re: Magazine content
OK, I've put pen to paper and just written about my first drive (and dramas) in my new Jaguar xj12 coupe .... I broke down 6miles after collecting the new wheels, I was 100 miles from home at 8pm on Tuesday evening with no roadside assist (trap for young players) ..... left my new toy on the side if...
- Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:15 pm
- Forum:XJ Series Saloons ▸General
- Topic: Model similarities S 1 2 3 and XJS - interchangable parts
- Replies: 8
- Views: 5925
Re: Model similarities S 1 2 3 and XJS - interchangable part
Gentlemen, thanks very much for the thorough replies. Good advice on the Chassis numbers - My Chassis is 2G.1124.BW. Registrations papers show the first registration is 15.01.76 and its registered as a 1976. Unsure if it rolled of the production line in 1975 or in the first weeks of 1976. Looks like...
- Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:39 pm
- Forum:XJ Series Saloons ▸General
- Topic: Model similarities S 1 2 3 and XJS - interchangable parts
- Replies: 8
- Views: 5925
Re: Model similarities S 1 2 3 and XJS - interchangable part
Hey thanks Simon, have just ordered a parts book for the Series 2. Good idea getting other model parts book. I'll also get the Series 3 book. Any benefit in getting the xjs parts book. I have a the v12, 5.3 fuel injected. Re: plus one for the other engine size Are you saying I should get a 4.2 parts...
- Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:26 pm
- Forum:XJ Series Saloons ▸General
- Topic: Model similarities S 1 2 3 and XJS - interchangable parts
- Replies: 8
- Views: 5925
Model similarities S 1 2 3 and XJS - interchangable parts
Hi all, I was just wondering what the easiest/simplest way is to determine what parts are interchangable between XJ * Series 1, * 2, * 3, * coupe and * XJS I'm a new XJ series 2 coupe owner and try (where I can) to research and order my own parts and perform my own mechanical work on cars I've owned...
- Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:48 pm
- Forum:XJ Series Saloons ▸Suspension
- Topic: Polyurethane - Suspension and steering bush upgrade
- Replies: 8
- Views: 5218
Re: Polyurethane - Suspension and steering bush upgrade
Keith/Mike, tks very much for the replies.
I'll report back when I've decided what I'll replace and how it feels.
Best
Julian
I'll report back when I've decided what I'll replace and how it feels.
Best
Julian
- Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:44 am
- Forum:XJ Series Saloons ▸Suspension
- Topic: Polyurethane - Suspension and steering bush upgrade
- Replies: 8
- Views: 5218
Polyurethane - Suspension and steering bush upgrade
Hi all Has anyone had any experience with Polyurethane bush upgrades in either suspension or steering on XJ's http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Poly-Bush-XJS-XJ12-Jaguar-Front-Sus-Polybush-Kit-no-27-/310335977458?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item48417737f2 I'm a fan and have fitted them on othe...
- Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:32 pm
- Forum:XJ Series Saloons ▸Bodywork
- Topic: Headlining Headliner - it's sagging and I want to replace
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3131
Headlining Headliner - it's sagging and I want to replace
Hi all, interested to know who's had this done in the past, what you've paid, who did it and the quality of the finished product. AND, is it unreasonable to expect the replacement to never sag again ? I have an XJ coupe in south London but am prepared to travel 2-3 hours to have the job done. Finall...
- Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:22 am
- Forum:XJ Series Saloons ▸General
- Topic: Outdoor car cover recomendation for xj Series 2
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1423
Re: Outdoor car cover recomendation for xj Series 2
Tks James, will check it out.
Best
J
Best
J
- Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:05 am
- Forum:XJ Series Saloons ▸General
- Topic: Outdoor car cover recomendation for xj Series 2
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1423
Outdoor car cover recomendation for xj Series 2
Hi all, any recomendations for a good quality outdoor car cover that will not break the bank (or damage the paint from moving around in the wind).
Will be for a xj coupe - so I understand a xj SWB cover should also do the job.
Also a suggestion for a good indoor cover.
Many thanks
Julian
Will be for a xj coupe - so I understand a xj SWB cover should also do the job.
Also a suggestion for a good indoor cover.
Many thanks
Julian
- Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:32 pm
- Forum:XJ Series Saloons ▸General
- Topic: Webasto Sunroof for Series 2 XJ - factory fitted ? Or ju
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2925
Re: Webasto Sunroof for Series 2 XJ - factory fitted ? Or
Great replies - thanks guys !!
Yes, all 4 windows down = pillarless BLISS - AS GOOD AS A SUNROOF - good point !
Stress cracking in the rear pillers - aghhhhhh - A better point !!
I think I just saved £1600 !!
Tks
Yes, all 4 windows down = pillarless BLISS - AS GOOD AS A SUNROOF - good point !
Stress cracking in the rear pillers - aghhhhhh - A better point !!
I think I just saved £1600 !!
Tks
- Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:31 pm
- Forum:XJ Series Saloons ▸General
- Topic: Webasto Sunroof for Series 2 XJ - factory fitted ? Or ju
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2925
Re: Webasto Sunroof for Series 2 XJ - factory fitted ? Or
Great replies - thanks guys !!
- Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:05 pm
- Forum:XJ Series Saloons ▸General
- Topic: Webasto Sunroof for Series 2 XJ - factory fitted ? Or ju
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2925
Webasto Sunroof for Series 2 XJ - factory fitted ? Or ju
Hi - can someone please confirm (or otherwise) that XJ (4 doors and coupes) came from the factory with a Webasto manual (the manual type that slides and the fabric concertinas) . If not,,. were they at least the "factory recommended" items Also did Jaguar supply any electric sunroofs in series 2 car...
- Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:55 pm
- Forum:XJ Series Saloons ▸Buy and Sell
- Topic: Jag or Daimler coupe Wanted - VG or excellent condition
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2612
Re: Jag or Daimler coupe Wanted - VG or excellent condition
Thanks for all the advise guys. Unfortunately not space or skils for a body restotration. The issue is handing over 10k for something that looks great, but really is just a recent cover up job. Need to be thorough with pre purchase inspection. "used to rot on the showroom floor" - LOL What am I gett...
- Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:48 am
- Forum:XJ Series Saloons ▸Buy and Sell
- Topic: Jag or Daimler coupe Wanted - VG or excellent condition
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2612
Re: Jag or Daimler coupe Wanted - VG or excellent condition
Thanks for the reply guys.
Richard, that's such a beautiful car, unfortunately the wife does not approve of the colour
The search continues !!
Best - Julian
Richard, that's such a beautiful car, unfortunately the wife does not approve of the colour
The search continues !!
Best - Julian
- Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:03 pm
- Forum:XJ Series Saloons ▸Buy and Sell
- Topic: Jag or Daimler coupe Wanted - VG or excellent condition
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2612
Jag or Daimler coupe Wanted - VG or excellent condition
Hi All, this is my first post as I'm just new to the club. I owned a S3 Daimler VDP V12 in 2009 for 12 months before a leaking rear main bearing seal got the better of me and sold it. Such a wonderful car. Anyway, am now looking for a Daimler or Jag Coupe. Preferred - Daimler 4.2 Auto with Silver pa...