Search found 62 matches
- Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:29 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Interiors
- Topic: S type cloth trim removal
- Replies: 5
- Views: 3574
Re: S type cloth trim removal
Hi Richard. To remove the trim around the roof just peel back the old fabric and you will see 4 slot head screws. they could be covered in glue and be rusted. So removing them you could end up damaging the heads. hence the dremmel, the rear trim that runs across the back window was easier. to remove...
- Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:11 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Interiors
- Topic: S type cloth trim removal
- Replies: 5
- Views: 3574
Re: S type cloth trim removal
All sorted. not an easy job. you have to peel back the fabric and unscrew 4 self tapping screws
and all comes away. no it don't. I had to use a dremmel to grind off the screw heads and drill out the remainder. but its done now.
Regards Ricky
and all comes away. no it don't. I had to use a dremmel to grind off the screw heads and drill out the remainder. but its done now.
Regards Ricky
- Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:14 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸Interiors
- Topic: S type cloth trim removal
- Replies: 5
- Views: 3574
Re: S type cloth trim removal
Hi PPV. mine is slightly different from the mk2. I have removed all the wood trim a while ago as mine had a full bare metal respray. it has been completely rewired. so before I start putting back the interior my head lining needs replacing as it is the wrong colour. Hence asking about the fabric tri...
- Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:46 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸Interiors
- Topic: S type cloth trim removal
- Replies: 5
- Views: 3574
S type cloth trim removal
Hi.
I need to take of my cloth trim that goes above and around the wood trim on the roof to be
recovered. I have had a look and can't work out how it comes off. I don't want to damage it.
Any pointers to assist me.
Cheers Ricky
I need to take of my cloth trim that goes above and around the wood trim on the roof to be
recovered. I have had a look and can't work out how it comes off. I don't want to damage it.
Any pointers to assist me.
Cheers Ricky
- Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:30 pm
- Forum:X350 ▸Engine
- Topic: intercooler pipes
- Replies: 0
- Views: 1545
intercooler pipes
Hi.
needs some help please. I have been told that I have a split intercooler pipe. this is a job which
I want to do myself. But I would like a pointer in which way to tackle his job. My car is a 2.7
X350 2006
Regards Ricky
needs some help please. I have been told that I have a split intercooler pipe. this is a job which
I want to do myself. But I would like a pointer in which way to tackle his job. My car is a 2.7
X350 2006
Regards Ricky
- Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:55 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Bodywork
- Topic: rear boot lock.
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1712
rear boot lock.
hi.
I need to take my rear boot lock barrel out to try and alter the pins to fit my new key. my car is
1965 S type.
Regards Ricky
I need to take my rear boot lock barrel out to try and alter the pins to fit my new key. my car is
1965 S type.
Regards Ricky
- Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:12 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸General
- Topic: S type scuttle vent.
- Replies: 6
- Views: 3260
S type scuttle vent.
Hello.
Not posted for a while. But now the lighter night are coming
I want to get started on my project. I need a diagram of the S type
Scuttle which I can print of and blow up so I can see
How to dismantle and rebuild to get it working.
Cheers,
Not posted for a while. But now the lighter night are coming
I want to get started on my project. I need a diagram of the S type
Scuttle which I can print of and blow up so I can see
How to dismantle and rebuild to get it working.
Cheers,
- Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:10 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Electrics
- Topic: Re-wiring the engine bay
- Replies: 7
- Views: 3709
Re: Re-wiring the engine bay
thanks for the tip brian. I'll bear that in mind when fitting the loom. As all my old wiring is still
in place
Ricky
in place
Ricky
- Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:38 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Electrics
- Topic: Re-wiring the engine bay
- Replies: 7
- Views: 3709
Re: Re-wiring the engine bay
Hi all. I ordered a new wiring loom for my S type. Having nearly spent 12k on my restoration. I didn't want to take a chance with the loom. being 50 years old and have been patched up here and there with different coloured wire. It turned up on Monday. 8 parts in all. And I'm happy with the result. ...
- Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:21 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Bodywork
- Topic: new chrome trim
- Replies: 5
- Views: 3058
new chrome trim
hi. I'm thinking about buying new chrome trim for my S type. two seller that I can find is david manners and sgn barratts. I have been told that there can sometimes be fitting issues with the new trim. any advice before i buy. both seller have been good and i have been happy with the service. but da...
- Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:12 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Bodywork
- Topic: middle bonnet chrome strip
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2034
Re: middle bonnet chrome strip
thanks allen for your reply. I manage to strip my trim in the end. I had my car striped back to metal in October and repainted. I'm now wondering if I should put new chrome trim on my car as
the old trim is not in good condition.
Ricky
the old trim is not in good condition.
Ricky
- Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:18 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸General
- Topic: body rubber and trim kit
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1547
- Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:37 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸General
- Topic: body rubber and trim kit
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1547
body rubber and trim kit
Hello Again. I need to buy a complete Rubber and Trim kit for my S type. At the moment the only ones I can find is M C wilkinson. on Ebay. I have phoned normans jaguar spares and both are around the same price. So is there any other sources which I can try. I have been told not to buy cheap rubber k...
- Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:11 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Modifications & Upgrades
- Topic: front and rear screens
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3615
Re: front and rear screens
Cheers Paul.
Metal work around the screens is good as I
Have had a full bare metal respray. I didn't
Think about glass to rubber. But now you have
Mention it I'll do that as well.
Ricky.
Metal work around the screens is good as I
Have had a full bare metal respray. I didn't
Think about glass to rubber. But now you have
Mention it I'll do that as well.
Ricky.
- Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:36 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Modifications & Upgrades
- Topic: front and rear screens
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3615
front and rear screens
Hi.
I'm going to get my S type back soon from the body shop. before I put my screens in.
is there any sealer that I can use with the new rubbers to make them more watertight.
And to stop any water seeping though the rubbers.
Thanks in advance Ricky
I'm going to get my S type back soon from the body shop. before I put my screens in.
is there any sealer that I can use with the new rubbers to make them more watertight.
And to stop any water seeping though the rubbers.
Thanks in advance Ricky