Search found 4 matches
- Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:51 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸Cooling System
- Topic: Kenlowe fan - improving the mounting
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2906
Re: Kenlowe fan - improving the mounting
Hi. Thought I'd add my threepenny worth. I have removed the standard fan from my 3.8 and fitted a "cheap" (£30) 15" pusher. Works well even in hot weather. I managed to fit it without using cable ties, which didn't seem like a good idea to me. I think the only disadvantage of a pusher is that the ai...
- Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:28 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸Interiors
- Topic: Newspaper shelf
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1990
Re: Newspaper shelf
Can't be as bad as my faux pas, couldn't find the thumb screws for the radio side panels, looked everywhere. Found them holding the newspaper tray in, obviously put them there for safe keeping! 
- Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:13 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸General
- Topic: General servicing of MK II 2.4 1963
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1853
Re: General servicing of MK II 2.4 1963
Hi. Sorry about the late reply, haven't logged in recently! There shouldn't be too many ancillary items required. A new standard oil filter element normally has 2 or 3 o rings supplied with it(you may get away with the old o ring, but I wouldn't recommend it, been there, done that!) An alternative i...
- Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:02 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Engine
- Topic: Oil Pressure
- Replies: 15
- Views: 8078
Re: Oil Pressure
I had (have) exactly the same issue with my 3.8. As peterdpps says, the gauges and senders can give very inaccurate readings. I have heard horror stories of people spending thousands rebuilding their engines because of low oil pressure, and getting no improvement because it was a dodgy gauge or send...