Search found 27 matches
- Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:36 pm
- Forum:E-Type ▸General
- Topic: Classic Restorations
- Replies: 0
- Views: 1177
Classic Restorations
Hi, Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with Classic Restorations near Bedford. I'm in the process of restoring my car, visited their workshops which were impressive and met the boss who was a very nice chap. They work on a wide range of classic cars so are not purely e type or even jagu...
- Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:59 am
- Forum:E-Type ▸Engine
- Topic: Removal of cylinder head studs from the engine block
- Replies: 7
- Views: 5341
Re: Removal of cylinder head studs from the engine block
Thanks for the reply Paul After feeling as though I was pushing my luck with trying to get the studs out myself I bit the bullet and took the block head and crank to T&L engineering near Bedford. Studs now out, crank stripped and cleaned...some issues with previous work done on it but recoverable. B...
- Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:30 pm
- Forum:E-Type ▸Engine
- Topic: Removal of cylinder head studs from the engine block
- Replies: 7
- Views: 5341
Re: Removal of cylinder head studs from the engine block
Thanks for the advice Alec, I'll give the Plus Gas a go but if still no joy, will give very serious consideration to leaving well alone
Kev
Kev
- Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:56 pm
- Forum:E-Type ▸Engine
- Topic: Removal of cylinder head studs from the engine block
- Replies: 7
- Views: 5341
Removal of cylinder head studs from the engine block
I've got the engine out of my car at the moment to give it a good overhaul. It's a series 1.5 4.2 engine and from what I've read, its worth checking the condition of the studs and replacing if necessary. Not sure how to get them out though as attempts so far with stud remover and lock nuts have not ...
- Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:08 am
- Forum:E-Type ▸General
- Topic: nuts and bolts
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1582
nuts and bolts
Hi, Anyone able to confirm the "nuts & bolts" used on 68 2+2. I believe they are AF but wanted to check prior to ordering assorted nuts bolts etc. Seems previous interactions with the car have involved fitting whatever was at hand.
Anyone recommend a supplier for nuts and bolts?
Kevin
Anyone recommend a supplier for nuts and bolts?
Kevin
- Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:59 pm
- Forum:E-Type ▸Engine
- Topic: Oil Sump removal on 1968 2+2 4.2
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4012
Oil Sump removal on 1968 2+2 4.2
I'm struggling to get the sump of the engine with the engine installed. Sump is free, i've removed the 20+ bolts holding it onto the engine. Crank damper is off. Book says drop the sump down and slide forward. However mine seems to be caught at the back end near the bell housing. Bell housing plate ...
- Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:18 pm
- Forum:X308 ▸Security System
- Topic: Key Fobs no longer operate any functions
- Replies: 9
- Views: 5718
Re: Key Fobs no longer operate any functions
Thanks Paul, Car is a 2002 3.2SE. Circuit info is in the lit you kindly provided the link for.....I thought I was driving a car not a space shuttle!! Last time I did vehicle electrics it was a shed load simpler than this! Thanks for the help, I will set about trying to work out whats going on. Kev
- Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:12 pm
- Forum:X308 ▸Security System
- Topic: Key Fobs no longer operate any functions
- Replies: 9
- Views: 5718
Re: Key Fobs no longer operate any functions
Hello I'm having a similar problem to Dsquared. I have put up a couple of seperate posts in regarding the issue but thought I'd try this thread given the nature of the original post. I have one old fob and one brand new which I bought from Dave Roche at Jaguar Parts in Aberdeen. £53 including delive...
- Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:05 pm
- Forum:X308 ▸Security System
- Topic: Central Locking Receiver
- Replies: 1
- Views: 3142
Central Locking Receiver
Hi, Where is the central locking receiver locate on the car? The control module is in the boot but with coax cable coming off it, but where oes that go? My central locking not working! I have put new batteries in fob and checked it is transmitting at car parts centre on all buttons. When I put car i...
- Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:00 pm
- Forum:X308 ▸Security System
- Topic: Replacement Key
- Replies: 1
- Views: 3091
- Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:25 pm
- Forum:X308 ▸Security System
- Topic: Replacement Key
- Replies: 1
- Views: 3091
Replacement Key
Hi I have had to order a new key from my local main dealer. I reviewed previous posts on this topic, tried Timpsons, who many said could program the chip in the key for me, but neither they nor another locksmith in our town could do so. Apparently the chip in my car has a rolling code sequence which...
- Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:09 pm
- Forum:E-Type ▸Engine
- Topic: Securing Cam Shaft Sprocket During Head removal
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2949
Re: Securing Cam Shaft Sprocket During Head removal
Thank you for your help and explanations. Will proceed as suggested with the rubber band approach. As for teaching granny....I'm a beginner in every respect when it comes to engines so grateful for the pointers.
Kevin
Kevin
- Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:56 am
- Forum:E-Type ▸Engine
- Topic: Securing Cam Shaft Sprocket During Head removal
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2949
Securing Cam Shaft Sprocket During Head removal
Hi, Im taking the head of my engine and have got to the point of seperating the cam shafts from the timing chanin sprockets. My manual(s) suggest fittting a thin 7/16 nut to the threaded centre pin on the sprocket, but mine aren't threaded! See Photos. Looks like the pin might take a circlip or some...
- Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:25 pm
- Forum:E-Type ▸Fuel System
- Topic: Air Filter Housing
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3239
Re: Air Filter Housing
Hi Stuart, Thanks for getting in touch and sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I think I'm sorted now, with a part from another source, but if it doesn't pan out will get back to you.
Cheers
Kevin
Cheers
Kevin
- Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:34 am
- Forum:E-Type ▸Fuel System
- Topic: Air Filter Housing
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3239
Air Filter Housing
I've just overhauled/restored the air filter housing and trumpet assembly on my car. With access to snad blasting and a paint booth, the parts look as good as new (bar a bit of corroded metal that will be hidden by the rubber gator. One thing that was beyond recovery was the retaining plate that fit...