Search found 11 matches
- Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:31 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Electrics
- Topic: Cigar Lighter Element replacement
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1130
Hi Bleasie, You to be able to seem to know quiet alot about cigar lighters and I presume you have checked the fuse, if so where can I find the fuse for mine? Like you I need to be able to plug a sat nav in, but the charger isn't working and I'm hoping it's just a fuse. Tooney. Silver 2001 xk8 conver...
- Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:02 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Engine
- Topic: Power
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1751
The car was recently back into the main dealer, thankfully under warranty, to have the power fault looked at. They couldn't find any problem apart from a small air leak from a pipe, which they cut, removed the end and re-fitted, This seems to have solved the problem when tested on the same stretch o...
- Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:20 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: Recently Joined JEC
- Replies: 7
- Views: 1584
Hi Cheshire Cat, I've got the same model and year as you but in silver. I live in Glossop and like you, will be attending the Blackpool run for the 1st time this year. You said you were a member of other clubs, was one of these the xk8 owners club and if so what was it like? I was thinking of joinin...
- Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:11 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Engine
- Topic: Power
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1751
Thanks Bleasie, handy to know for the future. I have spoke to Stratstone and booked it in for next week under warranty. they didn't seem to know what it could be without it going on the Diagnostics but did say its likley to be some thing minor if only the yellow light is on and the warning message d...
- Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:01 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Engine
- Topic: Power
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1751
- Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:13 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Engine
- Topic: Power
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1751
Power
I went out today and accelerated up a hill but the engine management warning light came on saying performance restricted but went off after a few minutes. again on the same incline later in the day the same thing happened but no loss of power was noticed, The engine yellow warning light has remained...
- Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:39 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: I'm new too
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1182
- Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:41 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: I'm new too
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1182
- Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:42 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Electrics
- Topic: Trickle charger
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1274
- Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:42 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: I'm new too
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1182
I'm new too
I purchased a x reg 2001 model xk8 convertible in platinum silver, black roof and Oatmeal interior back in December last year and despite a few minor problems I am delighted with it. The car was purchased from a Stratstone showroom and fortunatley had a Jaguar 12 month warranty as part of the purcha...
- Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:46 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Electrics
- Topic: Trickle charger
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1274
Trickle charger
This will be a really daft question to most of you but as you will read, I know absoloutley nothing practical about cars at all. I recently purchased an xk8 convertible but have had the battery drain after 4 or 5 days. I have obtained a trickle charger but it mentions connecting the negative to an e...