Search found 10 matches
- Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:23 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸Interiors
- Topic: Any experience of fitting X300 headlining from "Jaguar Headlinings"?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3469
Any experience of fitting X300 headlining from "Jaguar Headlinings"?
Hi fellow X300 folk, Has anyone fitted a replacement headlining to their X300 supplied by Kent-based company, Jaguar Headlinings? On their website is a short clip of an X300 being fitted with a headlining flexible enough to be rolled up, passed through a door, then un-rolled and fitted!! Sounds scar...
- Tue May 24, 2016 11:46 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸General
- Topic: Complete sunroof frame and linkage needed for X300/X308
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1339
Re: Complete sunroof frame and linkage needed for X300/X308
Many thanks David, I`ll contact them.
Digby.
Digby.
- Tue May 24, 2016 2:04 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸General
- Topic: Complete sunroof frame and linkage needed for X300/X308
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1339
Complete sunroof frame and linkage needed for X300/X308
Hi All X300 people, Can any member help me locate a complete sunroof for my Daimler Six X300. Parts of the slide and tilt plastic linkage have broken and I need another sunroof to rob for parts. Any information at all locating parts for the sunroof would be useful. Inalfa, the makers, though sympath...
- Thu May 05, 2016 6:37 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸General
- Topic: ignition key programming x300
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1579
Re: ignition key programming x300
Hi Paul,
Many thanks for the very prompt reply and I shall certainly investigate Timpsons. Thanks again.
Digby.
Many thanks for the very prompt reply and I shall certainly investigate Timpsons. Thanks again.
Digby.
- Thu May 05, 2016 4:47 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸General
- Topic: ignition key programming x300
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1579
ignition key programming x300
Hi All, I am looking for advice regarding door/ignition keys for my X300. I had to use the spare keys on my Daimler Six instead of the set I normally use. I was surprised to find that although the fob opened the car, when I turned the key the starter motor did n`t turn, as if the battery was flat, w...
- Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:00 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸General
- Topic: Fixing a sunroof
- Replies: 13
- Views: 4174
Re: Fixing a sunroof
The module should be held in place by a plastic ratchet strap, cut the strap to release the module.
- Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:31 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸General
- Topic: Fixing a sunroof
- Replies: 13
- Views: 4174
Re: Fixing a sunroof
Hi, This is going sound blindingly obvious but are you using the rocker switch correctly? It`s too easy to overlook the basics when fault finding!!! You access the module via the roof console. If you drop the sunglasses holder you will see a plastic screw. Turn anti-clockwise a quarter turn and the ...
- Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:17 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸General
- Topic: Fixing a sunroof
- Replies: 13
- Views: 4174
Re: Fixing a sunroof
Hi once again, If you have read how involved it is to remove the sunroof if I were you I would try another control module first. (See my previous reply on where to get the SRCM) Timing the thing seems critical and you`ll find that info. on the Technical Bulletin 13-34. I have yet to replace mine but...
- Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:59 am
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸General
- Topic: Fixing a sunroof
- Replies: 13
- Views: 4174
Re: Fixing a sunroof
Hi again, I have found the technical bulletin relating to "our" problem. If you Google "Jaguar Technical Bulletin X300" that will open up a whole raft of frightening topics about the X300. Scroll down to 13-39 and that will give you all the info. It is unlikely to be the motor as it tilts. Almost ce...
- Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:35 am
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸General
- Topic: Fixing a sunroof
- Replies: 13
- Views: 4174
Re: Fixing a sunroof
Hi,
I have a similar problem with my X300 Daimler 6, see under "Module Repairs". It may be the control module, available only second-hand now about £30.00, but it seems that the sunroof has to be in the correct position to fit the replacement.
Good Luck!
Ronnie Mapes
I have a similar problem with my X300 Daimler 6, see under "Module Repairs". It may be the control module, available only second-hand now about £30.00, but it seems that the sunroof has to be in the correct position to fit the replacement.
Good Luck!
Ronnie Mapes