Search found 3 matches
- Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:26 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Bodywork
- Topic: Mk2 windscreen rubber chrome surround popped out
- Replies: 6
- Views: 3868
Re: Mk2 windscreen rubber chrome surround popped out
Hi, Everybody and thanks for the replies - everyone has been useful. Today I have followed Mikes advice and purchased some double sided tape and the job's done, although not road tested - that will be the proof in the pudding! Brian's comments ring true from my earlier conversations with John Simpso...
- Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:34 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Bodywork
- Topic: Mk2 windscreen rubber chrome surround popped out
- Replies: 6
- Views: 3868
Re: Mk2 windscreen rubber chrome surround popped out
Hi Alec, Thank you for your reply. The chrome trim is not distorted, I don't think? However when it popped out, the top edge ie horizontal section top of screen swung out at 90 degrees to the screen. Today with perseverance, I have managed to re-insert the trim. However the joining clip at top centr...
- Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:01 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸Bodywork
- Topic: Mk2 windscreen rubber chrome surround popped out
- Replies: 6
- Views: 3868
Mk2 windscreen rubber chrome surround popped out
Hi, can anyone help? Returning home from a classic car event, the left hand chrome surround insert in the windscreen popped out of the windscreen rubber from the top centre joining clip to the bottom left corner, so it did not come out completely. I taped it back to the car good enough to get back h...