Hi
Just to confirm that you do get two key fobs with a new car.
Barrie
Search found 17 matches
- Mon May 04, 2020 9:59 am
- Forum:XJ X351
- Topic: Adding a new Key fob
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1356
- Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:20 pm
- Forum:XJ X351 ▸General
- Topic: Roadworks improve fuel consumption - who knew!
- Replies: 7
- Views: 3973
Re: Roadworks improve fuel consumption - who knew!
Thanks for the encouragement! I got in touch with Jaguar HQ who have told me today to get in touch with a dealer to look at the corrosion. Didn’t realise there is a 6 year corrosion warranty on the car so at five and a half years, it seems I’m just in time with my motor.
- Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:59 pm
- Forum:XJ X351 ▸General
- Topic: Roadworks improve fuel consumption - who knew!
- Replies: 7
- Views: 3973
Re: Roadworks improve fuel consumption - who knew!
Here’s the bubbling paintwork at the bottom near side of the bonnet. Thought it was aluminium??
- Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:25 pm
- Forum:XJ X351 ▸General
- Topic: Roadworks improve fuel consumption - who knew!
- Replies: 7
- Views: 3973
Re: Roadworks improve fuel consumption - who knew!
Hi Ray, some time since I browsed the forums, and the X351 forum is clearly not too searched (probably in line with the popularity of the cars). I get similar mpg when meandering but it drops a lot when you put your foot down, something one is really tempted to do and is why I bought my car (2012 3....
- Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:31 pm
- Forum:XJ X351 ▸General
- Topic: Upgrade to DAB Radio
- Replies: 5
- Views: 6629
Re: Upgrade to DAB Radio
Thanks Ray for the explanation. Will persevere with it. Good article in the October magazine!
- Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:29 pm
- Forum:XJ X351 ▸General
- Topic: Upgrade to DAB Radio
- Replies: 5
- Views: 6629
Re: Upgrade to DAB Radio
my Portfolio has DAB digital radio but seems to not receive signals most of the time, but am content with the normal FM. Can you explain to me the advantages of DAB to me please?
- Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:42 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Bodywork
- Topic: 1965 S type chrome strips
- Replies: 4
- Views: 3418
- Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:09 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸Bodywork
- Topic: 1965 S type chrome strips
- Replies: 4
- Views: 3418
1965 S type chrome strips
If anyone has the two chrome strips which follow on from the side bonnet strips and fastened to the bulkhead (they are about 8 inches long)I would be pleased to hear from them.
Barrie
Barrie
- Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:17 pm
- Forum:X308 ▸Brakes, Hubs & Wheel Bearings
- Topic: Brake pressure on pumping
- Replies: 4
- Views: 3452
Re: Brake pressure on pumping
Thanks for all your interest. I finally lost all the fluid on a hair raising journey home, but since there were no apparent leaks the servo was removed which contained the fluid. Now awaiting the servo to be reconditioned and hopefully problem solved.
Barrie
Barrie
- Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:13 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Brakes
- Topic: Foot brake travel on S type
- Replies: 9
- Views: 5058
Re: Foot brake travel on S type
Thank you for your suggestions. As there were no apparent leaks, the servo was removed and found to contain the missing fluid.
Am now awaiting it to be reconditioned and hopefully solve the problem.
Barrie
Am now awaiting it to be reconditioned and hopefully solve the problem.
Barrie
- Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:06 pm
- Forum:X308 ▸Brakes, Hubs & Wheel Bearings
- Topic: Brake pressure on pumping
- Replies: 4
- Views: 3452
Re: Brake pressure on pumping
I appreciate both comments (I actually posted the query on the wrong forum) and will work though the system starting with the master cylinder . I really have had my money's worth out of the brakes!
Barrie
Barrie
- Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:02 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Brakes
- Topic: Foot brake travel on S type
- Replies: 9
- Views: 5058
Re: Foot brake travel on S type
Thank you both for your comments. I did overhaul the front brakes some time ago, but my MOT tester is of the 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it brigade' and maybe this shouldn't apply to brakes. There's only one way forward......
- Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:36 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Brakes
- Topic: Foot brake travel on S type
- Replies: 9
- Views: 5058
Foot brake travel on S type
For 25 years my brakes on my 1965 S type have been perfect, engaging first time near the top of travel. Overnight, the pedal is now engaging lower down, although improves with pumping. There is no loss of fluid from the reservoir. I have changed the fluid, which was dirty and contained little bits (...
- Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:29 pm
- Forum:X308 ▸Brakes, Hubs & Wheel Bearings
- Topic: Brake pressure on pumping
- Replies: 4
- Views: 3452
Brake pressure on pumping
For 25 years my brakes on my 1965 S type have been perfect, engaging first time near the top of travel. Overnight, the pedal is now engaging lower down, although improves with pumping. I have changed the fluid, which was dirty and contained little bits (parts of seals?) but no improvement. Before I ...
- Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:20 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Exhaust
- Topic: Exhaust fumes
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3586
Re: Exhaust fumes
Have spent a lot of time sealing doors (I.e. making them fit properly) and cleaned oil off all the underneath, there was some on the sump which didn't help. There are minor leaks (drips) as most engines, but I have fitted a deflector on the exhaust pipe which crosses over . Not for the purists, but ...