Hi John,
I got a Getrag fitted to the E type and I am very happy with that box, but spare parts are becoming a problem.
A box with proper spare parts supply sound better to me.
Johannes
Search found 10 matches
- Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:48 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Modifications & Upgrades
- Topic: fitting a 5 speeds gearbox to my 3.4 Mk2
- Replies: 17
- Views: 16385
- Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:37 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Modifications & Upgrades
- Topic: fitting a 5 speeds gearbox to my 3.4 Mk2
- Replies: 17
- Views: 16385
Re: fitting a 5 speeds gearbox to my 3.4 Mk2
Hi Brian/Stuart, Much appreciated the information. Watjag is well know as they are in the club mag. If you buy something it is all about the follow up or the support you get from the supplier. Over all the years I had some mixed results and that is why I can not make up my mind about which box.(e.g ...
- Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:28 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Modifications & Upgrades
- Topic: fitting a 5 speeds gearbox to my 3.4 Mk2
- Replies: 17
- Views: 16385
Re: fitting a 5 speeds gearbox to my 3.4 Mk2
Hi Brian,
Yes I know, I had to do the same to an AH 3000, but did not weld straight to the door edge, but used brazing rods and welded those to the edge, than grind that to a good doorcap was achieved. Lots of work but end result fine.
Thnaks and enjoy motering the Jag
johannes
Yes I know, I had to do the same to an AH 3000, but did not weld straight to the door edge, but used brazing rods and welded those to the edge, than grind that to a good doorcap was achieved. Lots of work but end result fine.
Thnaks and enjoy motering the Jag
johannes
- Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:27 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Modifications & Upgrades
- Topic: fitting a 5 speeds gearbox to my 3.4 Mk2
- Replies: 17
- Views: 16385
Re: fitting a 5 speeds gearbox to my 3.4 Mk2
:P He Guys, Again thanks for the reply and yes the wine is very much part of the cars character. I have kept it RH drive (no intention to change that), the old numper plate was WRS 427, it still got the brass sill plates from the jaguar dealer in Dundee. The chrome is all original, a bit worn down t...
- Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:23 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Modifications & Upgrades
- Topic: fitting a 5 speeds gearbox to my 3.4 Mk2
- Replies: 17
- Views: 16385
Re: fitting a 5 speeds gearbox to my 3.4 Mk2
Hi Brian, Alec, Thanks for the comments. My Moss box has an overdrive and the car is 1962. The moss box is also very noicy and does not allow for fast shifting. Double clutching is not my thing. Must admit the 4 speed with overdrive might also be an option. I had once a big healey that had an overdr...
- Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:44 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Modifications & Upgrades
- Topic: fitting a 5 speeds gearbox to my 3.4 Mk2
- Replies: 17
- Views: 16385
fitting a 5 speeds gearbox to my 3.4 Mk2
Anybody out there who has fitted a 5 speed? I have an getrag fitted to my series 3 E-type and find that very nice. But getrags might not be the right choice for my Mk2, specially as there is a shortage of spares for getrags. At present I have the original Moss box fitted. Has anybody any experience ...
- Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:59 pm
- Forum:E-Type ▸Fuel System
- Topic: fitting of SU carb's
- Replies: 0
- Views: 2682
fitting of SU carb's
Fitted new SU carbs to my car, initially not very pleased with the result as I had various overflowing chambers and yes I had removed my fuel tank and cleaned it, and yes I had renewed the fuel filter and cleaned the bowl and yes I had flushed the fuel lines and yes I had also replaced the fuel hose...
- Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:48 pm
- Forum:E-Type ▸Steering
- Topic: modern power steering
- Replies: 1
- Views: 3199
modern power steering
I have fitted a modern power steering rack when my original rack started to leak. This is a great improvement to me as the car feels a lot "tighter"and give a more positive feed back. No "tram lining"is experienced. I had some initial problems with the hoses and fittings that came with the set. Main...
- Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:34 pm
- Forum:E-Type ▸Engine
- Topic: loss of oil at rear of engine
- Replies: 0
- Views: 1025
loss of oil at rear of engine
My engine started leaking oil from the rear and I was afraid that it was the rear crankshaft seal. (an expensive job if needed) However after removing the sump I noticed that somebody in the past had fitted the sump without a gasket and just some rubber type sealant. This sealant was nearly all gone...
- Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:24 pm
- Forum:E-Type ▸Suspension
- Topic: fitting of uprated rollbar front and rear to series 3
- Replies: 0
- Views: 2691
fitting of uprated rollbar front and rear to series 3
Just info:
I have fitted an uprated front roll bar and a rollbar to the rear of my series 3. Harvey Bailey designed set.
The car now corners flat and it is amazing how she now "hugs" to the road in corners. I can apply power a lot earlier. No speeding tickets yet.
I have fitted an uprated front roll bar and a rollbar to the rear of my series 3. Harvey Bailey designed set.
The car now corners flat and it is amazing how she now "hugs" to the road in corners. I can apply power a lot earlier. No speeding tickets yet.