Search found 41 matches
- Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:37 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸General
- Topic: X300 IMMOBILISER
- Replies: 10
- Views: 2705
Re: X300 IMMOBILISER
There is a good Auto Electrician in the area, he fitted the new ECU last year. but lead time is about 5 weeks and he’s expensive: I may eventually have no choice. I’ve no idea how to bypass the immobiliser unless someone else reading this knows how. I’ve no problem bypassing it permanently if it get...
- Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:10 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸General
- Topic: X300 IMMOBILISER
- Replies: 10
- Views: 2705
Re: X300 IMMOBILISER
Well the Hammer didn’t work
I can only think then that I either have a wire shorting out as you indicate somewhere or a bad earth: Going to be a Pain in the a…..
I can only think then that I either have a wire shorting out as you indicate somewhere or a bad earth: Going to be a Pain in the a…..- Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:18 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸General
- Topic: X300 IMMOBILISER
- Replies: 10
- Views: 2705
Re: X300 IMMOBILISER
Saying that, just in case, I might as well try the old “tried and tested method”, a good old tap with a hammer, you never know 



- Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:51 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸General
- Topic: X300 IMMOBILISER
- Replies: 10
- Views: 2705
Re: X300 IMMOBILISER
Hi Andy No it’s not a stupid question : Because I eventually realised that the Engine warning light was going out immediately after turning on the ignition, all indications are, on information received, that it indicates that the immobiliser has been activated. I assumed that if it was a faulty star...
- Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:25 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸General
- Topic: X300 IMMOBILISER
- Replies: 10
- Views: 2705
X300 IMMOBILISER
I've just moved over from ENGINE section in the hope I can get some help with this. My Jaguar XJ6 3.2 Sport (X300) suddenly had problems starting only occasionally. I would leave it for a short while, walk back to it and it would start. Car ran perfectly until I stopped and then wouldn't start again...
- Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:03 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸Engine
- Topic: Engine ECU
- Replies: 9
- Views: 2475
Re: Engine ECU
Hi David Sorry Ive been so long on this one. I was notified of a Jag specialist near York ( Big Cat Garage ) Elvington who had the facility. I took it over to them in March and they reprogrammed the ECU. Tickover was still a little fast but I was happy with it. Several weeks have gone by and its bee...
- Sun May 29, 2022 12:05 am
- Forum:F-Type ▸General
- Topic: Travelling to Europe
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1379
Re: Travelling to Europe
Hi John I’m taking my F Type to Switzerland in July using DFDS Ferries: Newcastle to Amsterdam: I had no problem booking it, I took the car to Switzerland in 2019 before the lockdowns with P&O line from Hull to Zebrugge: no problem then: The ferries are very good and are used to handling very low ca...
- Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:18 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸Engine
- Topic: Engine ECU
- Replies: 9
- Views: 2475
Re: Engine ECU
Thanks for that David. I have since noticed that the cooling fan is coming on when the car is started and not switching off properly, ie running at 50%. Also the central locking switch in the middle of the dash has the red light flashing and the switch does not operate even though the car locks perf...
- Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:23 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸Engine
- Topic: Engine ECU
- Replies: 9
- Views: 2475
- Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:35 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸Engine
- Topic: Engine ECU
- Replies: 9
- Views: 2475
Re: Engine ECU
Thanks for that help Peter, the car is now back in action: It took me quiet a while to source and get the item: I then had local Auto Electricians fit the replacement: It took a total of 6 weeks ! However the engine is running a little too fast on tick over, around 1300rpm instead of 900rpm and the ...
- Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:56 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸Engine
- Topic: Engine ECU
- Replies: 9
- Views: 2475
Engine ECU
I have owned a Jaguar XJ6 3.2 Sport (X300) for the last 21 years. Last week she broke down on me; The fault turned out to be a waterlogged ECU. The car is in very good condition and has featured in the magazine on a couple of occasions. I am struggling to find a replacement for the ECU which is frus...
- Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:51 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸General
- Topic: X300 won't start with lever in Park position
- Replies: 9
- Views: 1732
Re: X300 won't start with lever in Park position
Hi Marc The linear switch was second hand and cost me £58 Ouch. I'll have another go at adjusting it and see if that does it. Failing that I'll try your suggestion by getting another micro switch, drill out the old rivets and replace. Fingers crossed. Hi Peter Thanks for your input. This is a 1995 m...
- Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:53 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸General
- Topic: X300 won't start with lever in Park position
- Replies: 9
- Views: 1732
Re: X300 won't start with lever in Park position
Hi Mark Back off holiday now. Been looking at the switch again. Have bent the arm a little to ensure good connection but the situation is just the same. Pressing the arm in with my finger produces the click ok and the brake pedal unit gives a strong click as it should. I can place the shift level in...
- Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:11 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸General
- Topic: X300 won't start with lever in Park position
- Replies: 9
- Views: 1732
Re: X300 won't start with lever in Park position
Hi Marc After another inspection I assume you mean the switch at the top of the plate. I've put the part number in on several sites and it is not recognised. Jaguarclassicparts.com seem to be the only ones who recognise it. Their site says its not available on line so I have sent them a message. Gon...
- Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:09 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸General
- Topic: X300 won't start with lever in Park position
- Replies: 9
- Views: 1732
Re: X300 won't start with lever in Park position
Hi Marc
Sorry I've been so long coming back to you. Starting has been so unpredictable. 7 times out of 10 the car starts fine.
I've purchased and replaced the linear switch, not easy in such a tight space, but the problem still persists.
I'm struggling to find a micro switch on part 20 though.
Roy
Sorry I've been so long coming back to you. Starting has been so unpredictable. 7 times out of 10 the car starts fine.
I've purchased and replaced the linear switch, not easy in such a tight space, but the problem still persists.
I'm struggling to find a micro switch on part 20 though.
Roy