Search found 7 matches
- Sun May 09, 2010 10:15 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸Modifications & Upgrades
- Topic: Changing to Splined Hubs
- Replies: 1
- Views: 2873
Changing to Splined Hubs
Hi All, I'm looking to change the wheels on my '66 S Type from steel to wire wheels. I have wheels, one pair of hubs (the other pair reserved with a JEC member) and the spinners. The manual describes the process of removing hubs, front and rear, but has anyone got any pointers for me - things I need...
- Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:59 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Engine
- Topic: 3.4 S spark plugs and caps
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2163
- Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:08 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Engine
- Topic: Air filters
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1601
- Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:03 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Engine
- Topic: Air filters
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1601
Air filters
Hi all,
I'm wondering about fitting some pancake filters to replace the bulky standard filter assembly. Does anyone have any experience of this, i.e. is it worth doing? Also, if I do make this mod, what do I do with the oil breather?
Thanks,
Olly
I'm wondering about fitting some pancake filters to replace the bulky standard filter assembly. Does anyone have any experience of this, i.e. is it worth doing? Also, if I do make this mod, what do I do with the oil breather?
Thanks,
Olly
- Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:40 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Cooling System
- Topic: Removing Heater S-Type
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2984
- Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:34 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Engine
- Topic: 3.4 S spark plugs and caps
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2163
3.4 S spark plugs and caps
Evening all, I'm having problems with spark plugs and caps. I have fitted a new set of plug leads (with the lead carrier fitted alongside the plugs) and found that the Champion caps won't fit, as there is not enough space between the carrier and the plug for the cap to fit. Also, I have discovered t...
- Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:19 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Engine
- Topic: STARTING PROBLEMS 3.4 S TYPE
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2140
I would also check that the condenser is earthed properly. I had a very similar issue a few weeks ago and found that the car started fine, then cut out ofter a few minutes, or whenever I arrived at a junction and let the car idle. Turned out I had not tightened up the condenser screw and it was able...