Search found 13 matches
- Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:25 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸General
- Topic: Dash back in and other jobs
- Replies: 1
- Views: 992
Dash back in and other jobs
I posted in Air Con re taking my dash out to sort out the vents not working and my air con plus I was going to recolor the dash green to match my leather. Well as usual it turned out to be a big job it didn't help that the 2nd hand dash i bought off eBay to paint was different to mine when I got it ...
- Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:39 am
- Forum:XJS ▸Electrics
- Topic: Upgrading the stereo.
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1276
Upgrading the stereo.
When I set about my 3,6 restoration I had a go at upgrading the stereo. I put an amp under the passenger seat and a new bluetooth head unit. http://i687.photobucket.com/albums/vv240/Toehold1/resized_IMG_0127.jpg The sound as expected was awful as the car still had the original speakers so after look...
Dash out!
I had my air con regassed and bought a new rad but still not working properly plus the centre fresh air vents don't open so I have decided to take the dash out to investigate, with that in mind I have bought a 2nd hand dash and had it colour matched green to go with the leather. To get it covered in...
- Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:30 am
- Forum:XJS ▸Exhaust
- Topic: AJ6 Engineering by pass pipes.
- Replies: 1
- Views: 2997
AJ6 Engineering by pass pipes.
I decided to buy a pair of mid silencer by pass pipes from AJ6 for my 3.6 they were a little bit tricky to fit but I am pleased with them they are well made and definitely sound better (no droning) just a bit fruitier def befitting the car. http://i687.photobucket.com/albums/vv240/Toehold1/resized_2...
- Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:10 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸General
- Topic: A true valuation needed!
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2187
Re: A true valuation needed!
Thanks for the advice the dealer is now threatening me with legal action as I sent him a copy of my post he is now saying he never said my car was worth £21K or £23K he says it is maybe worth £40K which when he emailed me initially he said my car plus £10K for his SL 55 would have been a very fair d...
- Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:05 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸General
- Topic: A true valuation needed!
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2187
A true valuation needed!
Today I emailed http://www.classiccarshop.co.uk/ asking if they would be interested in a part ex with my Mark 2 that I have posted about on this forum here http://www.jec.org.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=110&t=6334 I put my car up for sale originally at £49995 and recently dropped it to £44995 as the c...
- Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:06 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸General
- Topic: Restored/Upgraded Mark 2 (pic Heavy)
- Replies: 7
- Views: 3537
Re: Restored/Upgraded Mark 2 (pic Heavy)
Here is a link to a video of the car at the end you can hear it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtSJJYE4 ... ature=plcp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtSJJYE4 ... ature=plcp
- Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:06 am
- Forum:XJS ▸General
- Topic: My 3.6 restoration
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1952
- Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:03 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸General
- Topic: Restored/Upgraded Mark 2 (pic Heavy)
- Replies: 7
- Views: 3537
Re: Restored/Upgraded Mark 2 (pic Heavy)
Thanks guys I am going to! Here is a link to the company I got the cruise control from, like all standard ones pressing the brake or accelerator pedal overrides it.
http://www.conrad-anderson.co.uk/cruise ... s-home.htm
http://www.conrad-anderson.co.uk/cruise ... s-home.htm
- Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:04 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸General
- Topic: My 3.6 restoration
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1952
My 3.6 restoration
I have now just about finished my 1990 XJS 3.6 Sport that I bought about 12 months ago for £550 off eBay. I did not want a V12 I prefer the overall driving experience of the smaller engine car especially the handling. It had some tax and a few months MOT I bought it without seeing it which is typica...
- Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:50 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸General
- Topic: Restored/Upgraded Mark 2 (pic Heavy)
- Replies: 7
- Views: 3537
Restored/Upgraded Mark 2 (pic Heavy)
About 5 years ago I bought a restored Mark 2 3.4 but it turned out it was not actually "restored"! After many problems I decided to get somebody to have a look at the engine and the wiring and found out that a guy only 2 miles from me restores e types for a living so I took the car there. Initially ...
- Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:01 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸General
- Topic: 5 speed manual box?
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1153
5 speed manual box?
I have a mark 2 3.8 and am looking to put a 5 speed gearbox in it has anyone done this or can give me any ideas?
- Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:56 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Modifications & Upgrades
- Topic: Seats
- Replies: 12
- Views: 8605
My 3.8 is nearly finished being restored/modernised amongst other mods I have these electric XJ seats retrimmed and fitted. http://i687.photobucket.com/albums/vv240/Toehold1/P1000012.jpg http://i687.photobucket.com/albums/vv240/Toehold1/P100019310.jpg http://i687.photobucket.com/albums/vv240/Toehold...