Search found 8 matches
- Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:08 am
- Forum:X308 ▸Climate Control
- Topic: X308 air con condenser
- Replies: 7
- Views: 1905
Re: X308 air con condenser
Many thanks to you for prompt replies. I am arranging an air con specialist to do a pressure leak test as I think it's from the union's on the receiver / dryer and from the union where a pipe connect to the condenser on the nearside.evidence of green substance so may not need a condenser.a test will...
- Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:21 am
- Forum:X308 ▸Climate Control
- Topic: X308 air con condenser
- Replies: 7
- Views: 1905
X308 air con condenser
Hello.I am wondering if anyone has had the need to remove and replace the air con condenser radiator in front of the engine cooling radiator on a x308 xj8.I know I have to have the system purged of any gas first but I'm interested to know if it's necessary to remove the bonnet /grille and bumper etc...
- Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:18 pm
- Forum:XJ Series Saloons ▸General
- Topic: Wheelbase measurement
- Replies: 6
- Views: 1303
Re: Wheelbase measurement
A very big thank you to you both for the further info and trouble you have taken to reply.I will uses the info and suggestion of checking the mounts as I'm sure all lined up fine before the big rebuild of the irs.I went to the a lot of trouble when lining things up prior to welding the new radius ar...
- Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:50 pm
- Forum:XJ Series Saloons ▸General
- Topic: Wheelbase measurement
- Replies: 6
- Views: 1303
Re: Wheelbase measurement
Thank you for sending the info reg. wheelbase measurement .I will make another measurement and see how it differs.hopefully I am not looking at a huge problem.regards .Eric
- Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:43 pm
- Forum:XJ Series Saloons ▸General
- Topic: AED air pipe
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1185
Re: AED air pipe
I think many of these suffer from deterioration over the decades.my pipe has a black dense foam lagging on about 40% of it and the rest has rotted away.I've had the car for 40 years and I'm in the closing stages of a bare shell rebuild and thought I may as well try and replace the insulation but it ...
- Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:36 pm
- Forum:XJ Series Saloons ▸General
- Topic: Wheelbase measurement
- Replies: 6
- Views: 1303
Wheelbase measurement
If someone has a long wheelbase series2 xj6 and could kindly take a measurement from the centre of the front wheel to the centre of the rear wheel i would be very grateful for the info.I have rebuilt the rear suspension and have struggled to reattach one of the radius arms to the floor dome.both of ...
- Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:25 pm
- Forum:XJ Series Saloons ▸General
- Topic: AED air pipe
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1185
AED air pipe
Hello.can anyone suggest a suitable insulation material to replace the missing/decayed lagging on the pipe which takes got air from the exhaust manifold around to the AED choke device on a 1974 series 2 xj6 4.2.obviously the material has to cope with temperatures in the exhaust manifold area.many th...
- Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:18 pm
- Forum:X308 ▸Transmission
- Topic: lt71141 trans fluid
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2846
lt71141 trans fluid
hello does anyone know of a company i can mail order esso lt71141 auto trans fluid for my xj8 non supercharged as apparently it is so much cheaper than jag dealers.i would be very grateful if someone has successfully obtained the fluid and could pass on contact details.my member no is 18685 eric nag...