Search found 7 matches
- Sat May 08, 2010 12:04 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸Bodywork
- Topic: Bonnet Catch
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2084
Thanks for your advice Rodger. I think the problem is more to do with wear and tear. I have fitted one new slider assembly which helped. The problem has reoccurred every now and again and I have menaged to adjust it out each time. It has reared its head again more aggressivley very recently and I th...
- Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:57 am
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸Bodywork
- Topic: Bonnet Catch
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2084
Bonnet Catch
Hi. I have recently taken up use of my 1984 XJ6 as a daily driver and I am having a little challenge in keeping the bonnet fully shut down. One of the pillar catches keeps popping undone. I have managed to reduce the frequency at which it does, but would welcome any advice to achieve a more secure f...
- Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:55 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸Engine
- Topic: LPG
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2041
LPG
Hi. I have recently had a Tinley Tech LPG conversion kit fitted to my 4.2 litre 1984 XJ6. It has been running faultlessly for several thousand miles with no trouble. In that time, it has experienced three backfires, the third of which blew a seal in the airflow meter causing the car to break down. I...
- Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:20 pm
- Forum:X308 ▸General
- Topic: X308- AN OUTLINE
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1916
- Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:57 pm
- Forum:X308 ▸General
- Topic: X308- AN OUTLINE
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1916
- Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:51 pm
- Forum:X308 ▸Interior
- Topic: Leather Seat
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1816
- Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:21 pm
- Forum:X308 ▸Interior
- Topic: Leather Seat
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1816
Leather Seat
Hi. I acquired an immaculate 1998 XJ8 Sports in April of this year after having owned and driven a series 3 XJ6 for a number of years. I love XJs and the XJ8 is perfect... except for the leather sports seat that crippled my back. After much perseverance I replaced it with a 1996 Executive seat... wh...