Thanks for the reply but can you select neutral with the engine off?
Or will it work with ignition on?
I'd rather not start the engine.
Jonathan
Search found 17 matches
- Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:37 pm
- Forum:X308 ▸Engine
- Topic: Problem - need urgent help
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2046
- Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:23 pm
- Forum:X308 ▸Engine
- Topic: Problem - need urgent help
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2046
Problem - need urgent help
Hi there, Well, I bought a 2000 model year XJ8 a few months ago and as a precaution had the top timing chain tensioners, plus waterpump etc replaced with the latest type. It's been great for the 5 months since then. The other night driving home from work I noticed that the car from the outside sound...
- Sat May 31, 2008 7:49 pm
- Forum:X308 ▸General
- Topic: Best books on Jaguar
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1335
Best books on Jaguar
I have been stocking up on books on Jaguar from the local library and Amazon but wondered if any of you had any personal favourites? I particularly enjoyed the Kelsey publishing X300/X308 book and 'Jaguar in Coventry - building the legend'. I also bought 'Jaguar marketing the marque' which was quite...
- Sat May 31, 2008 7:39 pm
- Forum:X308 ▸Transmission
- Topic: Gearbox oil change - a debate
- Replies: 15
- Views: 11267
Gearbox oil change - a debate
Just wanted to see what others feel re: the whole gearbox oil change issue. I just had the car in to http://www.cfsmotors.co.uk/ and they have done a marvellous job on my XJ8. I had a quick discussion with them about oil change on the transmission and they said to me that it's a bit of a debatable p...
- Sat May 31, 2008 5:59 pm
- Forum:X308 ▸Servicing
- Topic: Highly recommended body shop and seat repairer Surrey
- Replies: 9
- Views: 5347
Collected car
Joe, Well I collected the car and it's running beautifully plus Chris at CFS was absolutely superb - not even charging for all the time it took to find my fuel smell. They really really know Jags - that's for sure and are true gentlemen. It's quite a treck for me to go there but to be honest I'm not...
- Fri May 30, 2008 7:51 pm
- Forum:X308 ▸Servicing
- Topic: Highly recommended body shop and seat repairer Surrey
- Replies: 9
- Views: 5347
Happy to help
JoeJag, Happy my information was of use to you. Colin indicated to me that because a panel of my seat was so bad that its durability after he had completed the work would probably not be as good as the rest of the seat because he can't work miracles. On the other hand, he said he does know a trimmer...
- Sun May 25, 2008 2:06 am
- Forum:X308 ▸Servicing
- Topic: Highly recommended body shop and seat repairer Surrey
- Replies: 9
- Views: 5347
Seat refurbs
JoeJag, I do have ivory leather but have no idea how to tell if it is Autolux leather or not - is there a way to tell? To be honest I wasn't aware of any distinctions in leather grades - I'd welcome more info on this. My interior has the standard XJ8 fluted seats in ivory leather and the chap thorou...
- Thu May 22, 2008 6:08 pm
- Forum:X308 ▸Exhaust
- Topic: Chrome exhaust trims
- Replies: 10
- Views: 5818
Steel exhaust trims
Thanks admin, I had a bash at them this afternoon after HA Fox in Guildford quoted about £96 fitted for a new set!! I used my Autoglym chrome polish and some Duraglit. I found the Autoglim worked well with a wire wool brillo pad! As a result they are much much better and I will have another bash at ...
- Thu May 22, 2008 1:44 pm
- Forum:X308 ▸Exhaust
- Topic: Chrome exhaust trims
- Replies: 10
- Views: 5818
Chrome exhaust trims
My XJ8 has a rather poor set of chrome exhaust trims and I guess I have two options - duraglit the existing ones or put a new pair on. Can anyone advise how much a new set are? Are there any aftermarket suppliers ones that will fit? Can anyone recommend the best way to clean the ones I have? Thanks,...
- Thu May 22, 2008 1:40 pm
- Forum:X308 ▸Servicing
- Topic: Highly recommended body shop and seat repairer Surrey
- Replies: 9
- Views: 5347
Highly recommended body shop and seat repairer Surrey
Well, as part of my attempts to tart up my recently acquired 2000 yr XJ8 3.2 I have now had the seats 're-connollised' and the drivers seat which was awful now looks like new. I used a chap called Colin who used to do work for the Jag main agent in Ascot. Basically he comes to you, pretty much where...
- Tue May 06, 2008 4:18 pm
- Forum:X308 ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: My first Jag
- Replies: 9
- Views: 2858
Quote
Well, Many thanks for the replies so far. My quote in fact came from http://www.xjmotorservices.co.uk/ who are based not 5 miles from my house in Surrey. They're a specialist indie with a labour rate of £55ph. I also intend to get a quote from the mechanic I have been using on my Passat, Discovery a...
- Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:58 pm
- Forum:X308 ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: My first Jag
- Replies: 9
- Views: 2858
My first Jag
Well I have finally joined the rest of you as a Jaguar owner with my 2000 reg XJ8 in Emerald Green with ivory leather and walnut. I bought the car privately last week after loving Jaguars all my life. My car is unusual because it has a prior LPG conversion. I bought it privately from a chap in Dunde...
- Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:05 pm
- Forum:X308 ▸General
- Topic: Top Gear Special on Jaguar
- Replies: 1
- Views: 948
Top Gear Special on Jaguar
Does anyone remember several years ago Top Gear did one of their one off specials on Jaguar. I used to have this on tape but am darned if I can find it so if any of you are in a position to copy it to VHS or DVR I would be incredibly grateful. For the record it traced the history of Jag and featured...
- Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:42 am
- Forum:X308 ▸Interior
- Topic: Replacement steering wheel
- Replies: 13
- Views: 3402
Thanks guys
Chaps, Many thanks for the advice re: the car. I have spoken with Stratstone who inspected the car re: the above issues and they said: Coolant leak - probably not heads, but a loose hose relating to the pipes going to the throttle body - the owner is sorting this out anyway via his dealer at his exp...
- Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:23 am
- Forum:X308 ▸Interior
- Topic: Replacement steering wheel
- Replies: 13
- Views: 3402
Advice?
Well, many many thanks for all the really helpful replies here. I have had a bit of a setback with the Jag I was planning on buying as the inspection report indicated a range of issues: Front tyres showing some uneven wear (Advise Tracking check/adjust) N/S Rear Window sticking N/S front door check ...