Search found 5 matches
- Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:21 am
- Forum:E-Type ▸Transmission
- Topic: V12 e type manual gearbox rear mount
- Replies: 0
- Views: 2943
V12 e type manual gearbox rear mount
I bought a v12 with engine and manual gearbox removed and try to understand how the rear mounting is assembled. the service nor the parts manual show a clear lay out. Does the centre pin hold the upper spring plate between pin and gearbox like on 3.8/4.2 e type ? Also there are various spacers and w...
- Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:59 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Engine
- Topic: amber engine light comes on
- Replies: 0
- Views: 1027
amber engine light comes on
I had some issues in the past with poor acceleration of my my2000 XKR and no fault codes . The problem was eventually solved by replacing the MAF (air flow meter ) Last week all of a sudden I had the amber engine light on and message (translated from dutch) "emergency drive engine management". There...
- Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:48 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Engine
- Topic: XKR poor acceleration
- Replies: 7
- Views: 4459
- Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:09 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Engine
- Topic: XKR poor acceleration
- Replies: 7
- Views: 4459
I removed air flow meter and it is not contaminated, I did not replace it yet. Testing the car again it seems to run out of fuel only when at full throttle. At medium or 3/4 throttle it picks up speed well. I noticed that there are 2 fuel pumps. When testing at idle I found only one pump is running....
- Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:05 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Engine
- Topic: XKR poor acceleration
- Replies: 7
- Views: 4459
XKR poor acceleration
Lately my MY 2000 XKR is poor on accelaration. At first I thought traction control is cuttiing in, but the traction control light does not come on and even with traction control switched off the problem is the same. I am unable to provoke any wheelspin. There is a clear flat spot in the range 2000 t...