Search found 10 matches
- Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:25 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Steering, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres
- Topic: Front Discs for XKR
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3064
- Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:11 am
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Steering, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres
- Topic: Front Discs for XKR
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3064
- Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:20 am
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Steering, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres
- Topic: Front Discs for XKR
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3064
- Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:00 am
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Steering, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres
- Topic: Front Discs for XKR
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3064
Thanks Nik, appreciate your reply. Is there any way in which I can tell whether these are Brembo brakes? Are there any markings on the calipers for instance, S/N, Vin number? Understand your point about corrosion, but was suprised that in two years of Main Dealer service, the wheels had not been tak...
- Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:01 am
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Steering, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres
- Topic: Front Discs for XKR
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3064
Front Discs for XKR
Some info / help please. I have a 03 XKR and it's time to replace the front discs and pads. Main dealer estimate a hair raisng £970.00 so have been looking for cheaper options. My local garage will do the work for £70 if I supply the parts. Can anyone confirm that all XKR's have Bremo bakes fitted a...
- Fri May 23, 2008 2:20 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Electrics
- Topic: Passenger Door Open
- Replies: 11
- Views: 3243
Passanger Door open
There does seem to be a problem with the door catches or the electrics around it. I had the same door open message on a trip to France, and the passanger window then decided to open and of course the interior lights came on as well. The passanger door catch started dancing all to the astonishment of...
- Fri May 23, 2008 1:54 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: Hello from Essex!
- Replies: 6
- Views: 2259
MPG
Over the last 4,000 odd miles since I bought my XKR I have returned 26.7mpg according to the trip computer. Granted I do drive a little less hard these days but this does include quite long spells at 100mph plus on (European!) motorways, and making the supercharger work when overtaking oppertunities...
- Fri May 23, 2008 1:39 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: Hi from sunny Herefordshire
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1514
- Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:28 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸General
- Topic: MPG for an XKR
- Replies: 10
- Views: 2662
Just out of interest in February this year I completed around 2,300 miles to the South of France and back in my XKR, and had a read out of 26.9 MPG. The large majority was clearly on the motorways where I did clock up 3 figs with the cruise control on, but quite a bit was just around the village whe...
- Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:18 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: Hi from sunny Herefordshire
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1514
Hi from sunny Herefordshire
Hi everyone. Long time Jag owner but new to the XK. E Types in the family for 30 odd years but my wife decided it was time I grew up! A last run to Le Mans in the E and then a search for a replacement. The XK was the only choice.....it has the Jaguar lineage in that you can see the D Type and the E ...