Search found 5 matches
- Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:37 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: New Jag Driver
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1187
Hi Harry! I'm no expert, nor an engineer, but I don't notice an appreciable difference in steering resistance or effort regardless of speed on my 97 XK8 Convertible. If anything, it does become a bit "stiffer" at higher speeds, but I had to think about it in response to your question, as I had never...
- Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:25 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: Newbie from Bucks
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1288
Hi Sid and welcome to the club. There's no question in my mind about the smiles per mile delivered by XK's - I have a 97 XK8 Convertible and just love it! From what I hear and read, the LPG conversion is very worthwhile, delivering great economy with no adverse on performance. I also live in Bucks a...
- Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:07 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Suspension
- Topic: Front Subrame / suspension rattles
- Replies: 1
- Views: 2881
Front Subrame / suspension rattles
The front offside suspension was knocking on my 97 XK8 Convertible. My local independent (Powerbell Garage, Taplow) replaced the top wishbone fulcrum pin, which has improved, but not completely solved the problem. The garage commented that the cross member was showing slight wear at the point the fu...
- Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:51 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Bodywork, Rattles & Squeaks
- Topic: Sun Visor obscured by Mirror flap
- Replies: 1
- Views: 959
Sun Visor obscured by Mirror flap
With the recent low sun, I've used my sun visors for the first time (only had the car a few weeks!). Problem is that the plastic flap covering the mirror "swings down" when the visor is open. It seems the rubber (plastic?) bush on the edge of the mirror frame has either worn or fallen out. Can these...
- Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:56 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: New to Jags and XK8s
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1818
New to Jags and XK8s
I have just bought my first Jag - 98MY XK8 Convertible. Have been reading the horror stories about cam tensioners and Jag dealer servicing (see this month's magazine). Can someone help: - Is there any way to tell if the cam tensioners need replacing before they let go? (my car has just completed 75k...