Search found 8 matches
- Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:23 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: New Member
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2504
Re: New Member
Hi Mike A few XJ-S owners around here and an XJS sowe are flying the flag. No fountain now....you can't even do that at Trafalgar square cos they turn the water off for the fountains. Nanny state!!!! My first time visit to chelmsford in about 1978 I'm a Romford lad who met a girl from chelmsford and...
- Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:36 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Steering
- Topic: Refitting sports bushes?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3390
Re: Refitting sports bushes?
Hi Paul I could have written your post re the rack bushes "missing parts" ????? I have looked down to each end of the rack , before reading your post, and have the same feature. Also I had a feel to make sure I was not being stupid and there is a missing rubber end washer. My steering is not bad but...
- Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:22 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: Hi from Banbury
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1765
Re: Hi from Banbury
Hi Paul welcome,
I've had mine off the road for about the same time (now sorted) and they don't like being ignored.
Good luck with the resto
Steve
I've had mine off the road for about the same time (now sorted) and they don't like being ignored.
Good luck with the resto
Steve
- Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:14 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: New Member
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2504
Re: New Member
Hi Jonc, thanks for the welcome.
After various hassles car finally MOT'ed (with no advisories) with 3 days to go for
"National Jaguar Drive day"
just in time and its going to be sunny in Essex.
steve
After various hassles car finally MOT'ed (with no advisories) with 3 days to go for
"National Jaguar Drive day"
just in time and its going to be sunny in Essex.
steve
- Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:54 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Transmission
- Topic: Transmission Clonk!
- Replies: 11
- Views: 5458
Transmission Clonk!
Hi Dave, the only thing I can think of is the transmission mount. The various rubber parts fall to bits and allow lots of movement. You should only be able to push the back of the gearbox up an inch or two. If its bouncing around a lot with the torque twist of going into reverse ????? worth a look. ...
- Wed May 26, 2010 9:00 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Air Con
- Topic: Air conditioning refrigerants - The facts, not the myths.
- Replies: 21
- Views: 15558
Air conditioning refrigerants - The facts, not the myths.
Hi all And now the latest is RS-24 as a direct replacement for R12. It costs slightly more than 134a but that's because it's as good as R12. This can also be used instead of 134a in those cars that use it. After a good hunt around this is the one being used now. Google for this and the various Airco...
- Tue May 25, 2010 10:01 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: New Member
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2504
New Member
I have escaped from a number of years in XJ40 ownership. My last one went to the place in the sky a couple of months ago. Hi All I've had mine for a couple of years, relieved from a friend who had it for his wife for about 5 years...with hardly any use as she didn't really like it. I only bought it ...
- Sat May 22, 2010 11:26 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸General
- Topic: The dilemma of xjs ownership
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2471
The dilemma of xjs ownership
I think, that from the posts there is no dilemma. If I'm servicing or got half the IRS in bits it still feels like I'm keeping something special on the road. I like to think that mine is in the "A" band, not perfect but enjoyable. Gradually getting all the "jobs" sorted without emptying the bank. It...