Search found 24 matches
- Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:38 pm
- Forum:X350 ▸General
- Topic: Heads up July 5th 2015 - JEC at Arundel Castle
- Replies: 0
- Views: 966
Heads up July 5th 2015 - JEC at Arundel Castle
Heads up for July 5th 2015! This year the West Sussex Region is holding its annual regional gathering at Arundel Castle, a wonderful venue in its own right and close to the south coast with all its other attractions. We are hoping to provide allocated parking for some of the various JEC Forum groups...
- Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:25 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸General
- Topic: Instant cure for a flat battery - anybody used a JUMPSTAR?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2027
Re: Instant cure for a flat battery - anybody used a JUMPSTA
Hi to Ian and Mike and thanks for the responses. I have phoned up the supplier and spoken to their 'technical advisor'. Two things emerged, firstly he did not think that it had enough power to restart a 4.0 litre engine, so not confident it would suit big monsters like ours. Having said that, I didn...
- Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:03 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸General
- Topic: Instant cure for a flat battery - anybody used a JUMPSTAR?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2027
Instant cure for a flat battery - anybody used a JUMPSTAR?
Dear all, as we all know a low battery voltage can cause all kinds of issues on the XK, and also the battery itself is a bit of a devil to get at. In this weeks' paper I saw an advert for a JUMPSTAR, which is a small device (fits in the palm of your hand) that plugs into the cigar lighter socket and...
- Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:11 am
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Electrics
- Topic: Persistent error messages
- Replies: 42
- Views: 16131
- Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:11 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Electrics
- Topic: Persistent error messages
- Replies: 42
- Views: 16131
Thanks to both Damian and Mike for the comments. Yes, I did have my battery on trickle charge the whole time, but it is the original one (2001) so maybe nearing the end of its life. Having said that it starts fine, every time. The odd thing about the fault message this time was that it came on when ...
- Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:54 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Electrics
- Topic: Persistent error messages
- Replies: 42
- Views: 16131
ACS error message
A new year, same problem. Just got my car out of hibernation and after about 30 miles I got the old ACS error message, followed by "gearbox fault". I stopped switched off, re-started and the messages had gone. Rest of the day no problem. Last year the problem seemed to be solved by resoldering some ...
- Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:01 am
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Electrics
- Topic: Persistent error messages
- Replies: 42
- Views: 16131
Persistent Error Messages
Hi to "Welshman" and thanks for the new information. I don't know the extent to which these BCM problems are MAINLY soldering problems on the board (which can be fixed), or require something more extensive, like a re-build. When I took mine to David Marks (in Nottingham) he was very confident that i...
- Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:53 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Electrics
- Topic: Persistent error messages
- Replies: 42
- Views: 16131
Error Messages
Damien, Its worth asking whether the ABS pump you refer to is the same thing as the "BCM" which is a black box in the LHS front wing and is an electro mechanical thing with valves and a circuit board that works the ABS. If it is, then your fault could be the same as mine, cracked solder joints. A ne...
- Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:58 am
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Electrics
- Topic: Persistent error messages
- Replies: 42
- Views: 16131
Persistent Error Messages
Hi Franki, and thanks for the message. Its always wise to look for the easy possibilities first so the battery is a good starting point. But I had mine checked and that was not the problem. Neither was the ABS sensor points on each of the 4 wheel hubs. In my case it does seem to have been something ...
- Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:14 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Electrics
- Topic: Persistent error messages
- Replies: 42
- Views: 16131
persistent error messages
Hi Mike, I got my local dealer to do a computer check for fault messages and they came up with 1095, but I didn't get the prefix letter. Although they offered to investigate I phoned Dave Marks who felt pretty confident, from what I told him, that the fault would lie in the BCM box. This is what the...
- Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:13 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Electrics
- Topic: Persistent error messages
- Replies: 42
- Views: 16131
persistent error messages
Hi Mike, I got my local dealer to do a computer check for fault messages and they came up with 1095, but I didn't get the prefix letter. Although they offered to investigate I phoned Dave Marks who felt pretty confident, from what I told him, that the fault would lie in the BCM box. This is what the...
- Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:33 am
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Electrics
- Topic: Persistent error messages
- Replies: 42
- Views: 16131
persistent error messages
Thanks to Damian and Mike for the latest replies. It does sound as thought the wheel sensors are the next thing to look at. Having just got the latest edition of the JEC magazine I am wondering whether to submit a short article on this problem to the XK8 Forum as it does seem to be an XK8 thing. Unf...
- Mon May 26, 2008 7:45 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Electrics
- Topic: Persistent error messages
- Replies: 42
- Views: 16131
ABS, ASC + Trac Messages
Well, I now have a list of about 4 electrical connection points to look at. But I am wondering what the connection is between getting both the ABS light on, and Trac control + ASC, simultaneouly. Could this be a clue to it being a multi connector rather than the ABS sensors on each wheel? Incidental...
- Sat May 24, 2008 11:18 am
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Electrics
- Topic: Persistent error messages
- Replies: 42
- Views: 16131
ABS, ASC + Trac Messages
Having not run my car over the winter my first few trips were a joy with everything working great. Then my pleasure was spoiled by a recurrence of the old fault message on ABS, ASC and Traction control, but the car running well otherwise. As before, the messages sometimes go out straight away after ...
- Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:30 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Electrics
- Topic: Persistent error messages
- Replies: 42
- Views: 16131
Well it looks like we could form quite a club here! Please see my other topic under "failsafe mode". My update is that I had my car's electronic memory checked by the local Jaguar dealer. Several things came up including ABS and a number of fault codes. They said that this didn't help much because i...