Hello BCD,
Ambla was introduced on S-types from July 1967 and leather became an extra cost option.
Change points were Chassis No.s 1B-8433 and 1B-59494 on all RHD models.
Anthony.
Search found 14 matches
- Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:41 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸General
- Topic: 1967 S Type Upholstery
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1527
- Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:05 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸Transmission
- Topic: Anti - creep
- Replies: 1
- Views: 2753
Re: Anti - creep
Hi Fred, Just logged on to post an inquiry re Throttle Anti Creep Switch and saw your recent post. I am also looking for the same switch for my 3.8L S type. I need a switch and a mounting bracket. All I have is a stud on the engine block opposite the AED, where I assume the mounting bracket was bolt...
- Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:56 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Electrics
- Topic: Wiring Diagram
- Replies: 20
- Views: 13135
Re: Wiring Diagram
Paul, Glad to have been of assistance. I typed that previous message in a hurry so apologies for for the typo's. I'm sure you understood when I said 'block rubber' that I meant 'Black rubber'. Also, when I referred to the 4 four green wires and checking which was 'in' and which was out' I meant that...
- Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:45 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Electrics
- Topic: Wiring Diagram
- Replies: 20
- Views: 13135
Re: Wiring Diagram
Hi Paul, At the back of the clock alongside the centre connection for the Time Adjuster cable is the negative feed termina (this detail is etched into the back of the clock). Attached to this terminal with a screw, should be a short brown wire with a ring connection on the clock end and a bullet con...
- Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:25 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Electrics
- Topic: Wiring Diagram
- Replies: 20
- Views: 13135
Re: Wiring Diagram
Hi Alec & Paul, Just recently fitted new harness set(5) from Autosparks to my 66 s-type. About 90% complete but have not put in the steering column yet. My steering column has extra wiring as its Auto Box. As the dash is still 'open' then I can give you info on wiring/colours etc. I have the wiring ...
- Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:53 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸General
- Topic: Paint code
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2369
Re: Paint code
Hi JagJim,
Just surfing through the BB and saw your un-answered question.
Item on Classicjaguar.com lists the following:
Opalescent Maroon
Year Range...1962 - 1966.
Old RM# JA033
New RM# 7421
Glasurit# JAG-7421A
Hope this is of some benefit to you.
Regards,
Just surfing through the BB and saw your un-answered question.
Item on Classicjaguar.com lists the following:
Opalescent Maroon
Year Range...1962 - 1966.
Old RM# JA033
New RM# 7421
Glasurit# JAG-7421A
Hope this is of some benefit to you.
Regards,
- Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:40 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸Interiors
- Topic: S type roof lining
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2510
Re: S type roof lining
John, I stripped the inside from my car in the last 12 months and then sent it off to the body shop for alot of new metal and some paint!! I can confirm that the roof lining is completely different to the MkII in that it has no hoops or ties or draw strings. The wool lining is glued to a foam backin...
- Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:15 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸Fuel System
- Topic: Fuel Tank reconditioning...
- Replies: 7
- Views: 3750
Re: Fuel Tank reconditioning...
Brian, Paul, I forgot to mention on my earlier reply that while the ouside of the tanks are cleaned and coated in the black 'epoxy' type finish, the inside in also cleaned and coated in a red colour 'epoxy' which protects against internal rust. The cleaning process revealed some pin holes which had ...
- Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:06 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸Fuel System
- Topic: Fuel Tank reconditioning...
- Replies: 7
- Views: 3750
Re: Fuel Tank reconditioning...
Hello Paul & Brian, Happy new year to you both. I should have replied earlier but spent too much time in the garage over the holiday. The total cost of Re-Nu-ing both my tanks was £313. This included labour of £120 per tank, transport of £20 and VAT at 21%. Cost per tank is dependant on the conditio...
- Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:38 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸Fuel System
- Topic: Fuel Tank reconditioning...
- Replies: 7
- Views: 3750
Re: Fuel Tank reconditioning...
Well it's almost nine months since my original post and no replies, even thought over a hundred views! For members that might want to know, there is an option this side of the 'pond'. Just got my tanks back from Brownlow Radiators in Lurgan, County Armagh (N.I) who gave them the Re-Nu treatment. Tan...
- Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:06 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸Fuel System
- Topic: Fuel Tank reconditioning...
- Replies: 7
- Views: 3750
Fuel Tank reconditioning...
I attended Stoneleigh Spares Day a few years ago and spoke with an exhibitor who reconditioned fuel tanks. Of all the business cards I collected that day I don't have his. Just wondering if anyone attended recently and came across someone offering this service. Can you remember his name/company? I'm...
- Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:29 am
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸General
- Topic: Interior restoration
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3491
Re: Interior restoration
Hi Mark, I attended one of the seminars at Castle Bromwich last year.The guys from Furniture Clinic were in attendence and gave us a hands on demo on cleaning, repair and finishing of leather seats. Look them up in the club mag. They will sell you all the materials to do the job or one of their agen...
- Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:37 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸Bodywork
- Topic: XJ40 Boot Lock - Resolved....
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3042
XJ40 Boot Lock - Resolved....
My boot lock will not open, the problem arose without any prior warning or symptoms. I went home and closed the boot lig after removing some items, applied the central locking as normal. Next morning after unlocking the car the boot could not be opened. I normally have the lock turned through 90 deg...
- Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:17 am
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸General
- Topic: xk8 buying help.
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2467
Have a read of the articles previously posted regarding car purchase (scroll down the BB list). In addition to that I could not say enough about the value of travelling to one of the XK8 seminars. I attended the last one in December which was presented by David Marks. The range of topics covered (kn...