Search found 9 matches
- Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:08 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: Joined JEC to hopefully pass on two XJS cars
- Replies: 12
- Views: 4995
Re: Joined JEC to hopefully pass on two XJS cars
Some other info on starting a V12 for the first time in ages - I did that a couple of weeks back on my '92 car, last running 6 years ago. I followed the "received wisdom", and removed the spark plugs to put a healthy squirt of WD40 into each cylinder, leave to soak. Next disconnect the three drive ...
- Thu Nov 23, 2023 5:00 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: 1987 V12 XJ-S
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1628
Re: 1987 V12 XJ-S
Hi, welcome to the joys of XJ-S Ownership. Since you are a member of the JEC, perhaps it would be good to get along to your nearest regional meeting. These generally occur every month. You can find your nearest region by punching in your postcode on this page https://jec.org.uk/regions There is the ...
- Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:24 am
- Forum:XJS ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: D14 PAX is back
- Replies: 6
- Views: 3308
Re: D14 PAX is back
Those front wing bottoms are a pain. Fortunately mine only needed the bottom panels, the cills were fine. But, good to see you bringing the car back to life. Will it be ready for the Jaguars at Gaydon event on 4th September? XJ-S's will be lining up on the hill above the main parking area. https://w...
- Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:07 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸General
- Topic: XJS 4.0l Convertible.
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1609
- Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:06 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸General
- Topic: XJS 4.0l Convertible.
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1609
XJS 4.0l Convertible.
I bought my 1992 4.0l XJS Convertible last year, not being familiar with the cars I didn't really notice the problems which we discovered when we decided to refurbish it. I was aware of the lower front wing corrosion but when I threw it at Ken Clarke Motorsport, we discovered all sorts of problems w...
- Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:05 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: Tad late - hmmm - define tad ...
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1629
Re: Tad late - hmmm - define tad ...
Yes I've heard the stories. My XJS needs some work but I'm waiting for the winter, however I have budgeted for disappointment. On the plus side, I tend to drive it just for the sake of it. Keep looking for places to go.
- Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:36 am
- Forum:XJS ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: Newbie
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1847
Re: Newbie
Hi David, thanks for the welcome, I look forward to meeting a few people at Bicester on 4 July. As requested attached is a picture of my car.
- Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:05 am
- Forum:XJS ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: Newbie
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1847
Re: Newbie
Hi, I've just become the proud owner of a '92 4.0L convertible, my first Jaguar. Looking forward to enjoying the car throughout the summer including a trip to Bicester Heritage for the Jaguar day on 4th July.