Search found 3 matches
- Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:20 pm
- Forum:XK120, 140 & 150 ▸Brakes
- Topic: XK120 - Removal of front brake drums
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2238
Re: XK120 - Removal of front brake drums
Hello Alec, Many thanks for your reply! I have now managed to remove the other drum as well. It all went fine without any struggle at all compared to the first one. I will now continue with the rear brakes. But as far as I know could the adjustment mechanism be slackened, and I do not expect any maj...
- Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:29 pm
- Forum:XK120, 140 & 150 ▸Brakes
- Topic: XK120 - Removal of front brake drums
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2238
Re: XK120 - Removal of front brake drums
Many thanks for you good advice.
My XK120 is a late example with self-adjusting front brakes, but despite this circumstance I managed to remove the first drum during the weekend using the method you proposed.
My XK120 is a late example with self-adjusting front brakes, but despite this circumstance I managed to remove the first drum during the weekend using the method you proposed.
- Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:12 pm
- Forum:XK120, 140 & 150 ▸Brakes
- Topic: XK120 - Removal of front brake drums
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2238
XK120 - Removal of front brake drums
Could anyone give me a good advice on how to remove the front brake drums?
Is there any special tool for this, like a huge puller?
/Kent
Is there any special tool for this, like a huge puller?
/Kent