Paul:
Thank you for your comments. I do think that there is an O-ring that may be causing the leak. I'll look into this as soon as I can. I am hoping that I can repair this rather than replace the hose as one end goes under the scuttle and disappears!
I'll let you know what I find.
Jim
Search found 8 matches
- Sat Jun 15, 2024 12:58 am
- Forum:XK8 / X150
- Topic: How do I remove this hose clamp?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 1595
- Fri Jun 14, 2024 12:14 am
- Forum:XK8 / X150
- Topic: How do I remove this hose clamp?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 1595
Re: How do I remove this hose clamp?
Thank you both for your replies. I will try this again. The link is quite informative Paul. So the next question is: once I get this off can I clean up the pipe and reattach it of do I have to replace the connector? And does that mean replacing the complete hose?
Thank you all for your help!
Jim
Thank you all for your help!
Jim
- Mon Jun 10, 2024 3:21 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150
- Topic: How do I remove this hose clamp?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 1595
Re: How do I remove this hose clamp?
Thanks Paul:
I have poked around the clips but it doesn't want to release. It is located at the right rear of the engine near the OS sensor. I think it my go to the heater core.
Jim
I have poked around the clips but it doesn't want to release. It is located at the right rear of the engine near the OS sensor. I think it my go to the heater core.
Jim
- Mon Jun 10, 2024 12:57 am
- Forum:XK8 / X150
- Topic: How do I remove this hose clamp?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 1595
How do I remove this hose clamp?
I have a 2003 XKR and the coolant hose connection on the right rear of the engine is leaking. It is close to the upstream OS sensor. It is a plastic clamp which connect a steel pipe to a rubber hose. How do I release this and also how is it repaired? Do I need to replace it or can I just remove it a...
- Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:51 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150
- Topic: Convertible hood not latching, Help!
- Replies: 6
- Views: 2203
Re: Convertible hood not latching, Help!
Thank you for the link to jag repair.com. I have been using it and it is very informative.
- Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:55 am
- Forum:XK8 / X150
- Topic: Convertible hood not latching, Help!
- Replies: 6
- Views: 2203
Re: Convertible hood not latching, Help!
Hi Andy: When I put the hood down, the claw retracts and the pins extend as they should. So that tells me that the latch cylinder is working. It seems to me that this has something to do with the switch. So you may be on to something. I don't know what triggers the switch to activate when the top to...
- Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:50 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150
- Topic: Convertible hood not latching, Help!
- Replies: 6
- Views: 2203
Re: Convertible hood not latching, Help!
Jim, Thank you for your reply. I have not tried to bleed the system as I read that it is self bleeding. I will try to research this more throughly. Do you have any advice on this? I have run the top up and down multiple times. I have also tried the manual locking of the latch. The claw will release ...
- Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:27 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150
- Topic: Convertible hood not latching, Help!
- Replies: 6
- Views: 2203
Convertible hood not latching, Help!
I have been a member of the JEC for several years, but this is the first time I have posted a question here. I recently replaced all six hydraulic hoses for the hood on my 2003 XKR. I got the hoses from www.tophydraulics.com who also rebuilt all three cylinders and the pump with new seals. They did ...