Search found 6 matches
- Thu May 02, 2024 1:03 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Steering, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres
- Topic: 2007 XKR Park Brake Stuck On
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1211
Re: 2007 XKR Park Brake Stuck On
The AA came out today. Arrived within 30 minutes of the call, mightily impressed. He told me that the AA information was to apply 12v to a socket situated in the NSR wheel arch, failing that to cut the NS park brake cable as apparently that is the easiest to replace. Thankfully applying 12v to the m...
- Wed May 01, 2024 2:38 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Steering, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres
- Topic: 2007 XKR Park Brake Stuck On
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1211
Re: 2007 XKR Park Brake Stuck On
Thanks for the input Mike. I tried to calibrate the parking brake after I fitted the new battery, no joy. I ordered a iCarsoft 930 diagnostic tool which arrived yesterday. While I haven't had too much of a look at it I did plug it in and looked at the faults. From what I can gather it is a communica...
- Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:20 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Steering, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres
- Topic: 2007 XKR Park Brake Stuck On
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1211
2007 XKR Park Brake Stuck On
My car has been laid up for the winter and first time out I find I have messages for ABS Fault and associated warnings. The car drove fine and I was going to book it in for a service, MOT and to have the fault fixed but I was off to France that week (not in the Jag). On my return on starting the XK ...
- Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:14 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Bodywork, Rattles & Squeaks
- Topic: Rear Quarter Window Failure
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1769
Re: Rear Quarter Window Failure
Hi Andy and Jim, more than happy to. It has been a bit of a full on week as I'm getting married today and wanted to use the car so getting it fixed was a priority. I am happy to report that the window regulator went back in yesterday afternoon and it works as it should. Believe it or not it is not a...
- Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:10 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Bodywork, Rattles & Squeaks
- Topic: Rear Quarter Window Failure
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1769
Re: Rear Quarter Window Failure
Ok, bit of an update. The rear quarter window and regulator is out of the car, fairly straightforward but the window must be in the up position otherwise the regulator is too wide to get through the gap. To do this the cable attachment must be disconnected from the regulator if the window is not ful...
- Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:08 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Bodywork, Rattles & Squeaks
- Topic: Rear Quarter Window Failure
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1769
Rear Quarter Window Failure
Today the n/s/r quarter window failed to come up when I closed the roof on my 2007 XKR. I have taken the rear seats and trims off and can see that the operating cable is off the pulley. Obviously the next job is to remove the regulator. Questions; can this be fixed, bearing in mind I cannot see exac...