Thanks everyone, I will remove tanks tomorrow and inspect the bottom of the main tank. Dependant on findings attempt to clean or replace with after market tank, regarding the swirl pot I have cleaned the filter and tank but I'm sure it will need cleaning agian.
Many thanks again, Steve
Search found 4 matches
- Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:18 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Fuel System
- Topic: XJS Fuel Tanks
- Replies: 10
- Views: 2440
- Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:10 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Fuel System
- Topic: XJS Fuel Tanks
- Replies: 10
- Views: 2440
Re: XJS Fuel Tanks
Thank you both for your reply. The main fuel tank looks in very good condition from the outside, I have removed the fuel sender unit and looked inside the tank, it looks like it was painted inside or had some sort of black coating which has now flaked off and the tank is rusting. I added 7 gallons o...
- Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:32 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Fuel System
- Topic: XJS Fuel Tanks
- Replies: 10
- Views: 2440
Re: XJS Fuel Tanks
Hi, yes sorry, I do mean the main tank and smaller feeder tank/swirl pot under the battery. I've been advised that a company in Cornwall can supply kits that you can use to clean and apply a new coating to the inside of the tanks, I understand it's not an easy task and was hoping to find a specialis...
- Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:25 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Fuel System
- Topic: XJS Fuel Tanks
- Replies: 10
- Views: 2440
XJS Fuel Tanks
Hi, my XJS V12 HE has been off the road for 20yrs, both fuel tanks need to be replaced or refurbished, I'm in the South Staffordshire area, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.