Search found 6 matches
- Wed May 06, 2020 12:31 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Transmission
- Topic: 1967 420 auto inhibitor switch
- Replies: 9
- Views: 4999
Re: 1967 420 auto inhibitor switch
I agree about Lucas Despite being (I believe) known as the Prince of Darkness in the States, I find their products to be of very good quality - far far better than some of the new equivalents you can get today, which last until you shut the garage door if you're lucky. If I'm looking for parts a Luc...
Insurance
My insurance runs out later this month and I don't have a lot of confidence in the company I chose last time. My car is a Daimler 250, value about £20,000. Does anybody have any recommendations? Or general advice? At my age breakdown cover is desirable and we intend taking it at least as far as Fran...
- Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:36 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Steering
- Topic: Drag link joints
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1389
Re: Drag link joints
David Manners to the rescue!
Couldn't get any sense from their website so I gave them a ring, spoke to a very helpful man and the problem was sorted in 2 minutes.
They had all the parts I needed on the shelf.
So if anyone's interested, my advice would be to skip the website and speak to a person.
Couldn't get any sense from their website so I gave them a ring, spoke to a very helpful man and the problem was sorted in 2 minutes.
They had all the parts I needed on the shelf.
So if anyone's interested, my advice would be to skip the website and speak to a person.
- Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:32 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Steering
- Topic: Drag link joints
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1389
Drag link joints
Had my Daimler 250 checked out in good time for it's MOT and the drag link joints are worn. I've been looking for replacements and I'm getting confused. You can buy new pins & bushes (part no. C17099) but with warnings to 'make sure yours are the removable type before you buy' and people saying that...
- Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:26 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸Engine
- Topic: big end shennanigans
- Replies: 22
- Views: 7223
- Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:44 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸Engine
- Topic: big end shennanigans
- Replies: 22
- Views: 7223
Re: big end shennanigans
Don't be disheartened! I recently bought a 1968 model and despite looking over it the best I could when I got it home I found plenty of rust I had missed, which wasn't cheap to put right. It means that I have effectively paid over the odds for the car, but it's still my pride & joy. He gets admiring...