What is the minimum current you would recommend for a trickle charger on our cars?
Does anyone have one that they would recommend?
Search found 15 matches
- Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:11 am
- Forum:X350 ▸Electrical
- Topic: Minimum current for trickle charger
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1097
- Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:06 pm
- Forum:X350 ▸Wheels and Tyres
- Topic: Space Saver wheel
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1316
Space Saver wheel
I have an LPG tank in the wheel well. I do have a full size spare (I have 19" customs). Would a space saver wheel fit my car so I can save some boot space?
- Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:56 am
- Forum:X350 ▸Suspension
- Topic: Squealing/whirring noise on startup
- Replies: 6
- Views: 1922
Re: Squealing/whirring noise on startup
A 'squealing' type noise can be caused by lots of items including a slipping serpentine belt (that drives the water pump, alternator, power steering). It could also be the idler pulley bearings (that tensions the serpentine belt) the water pump bearings themselves, or the power steering pump. You n...
- Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:53 am
- Forum:X350 ▸Suspension
- Topic: Squealing/whirring noise on startup
- Replies: 6
- Views: 1922
Re: Squealing/whirring noise on startup
I have managed to get the audio off the video I mentioned. I dont think mp3s are allowed. So heres a link:
https://www.filehosting.org/file/detail ... _0296a.mp3
Anyone got any thoughts on what it sounds like.
https://www.filehosting.org/file/detail ... _0296a.mp3
Anyone got any thoughts on what it sounds like.
- Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:09 pm
- Forum:X350 ▸Suspension
- Topic: Squealing/whirring noise on startup
- Replies: 6
- Views: 1922
Squealing/whirring noise on startup
A few seconds after starting the car in the mornings there is a whirring/squealing noise. It happens for about 60 seconds then stops. As it cuts off it sounds like a motor 'slowing' down. I recently swapped the thermostat but all seems good after bleeding and driving round a bit, no overheating etc....
- Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:37 pm
- Forum:X350 ▸Brakes, Hubs & Wheel Bearings
- Topic: Best Performance Pads for X356 XJR
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1366
Best Performance Pads for X356 XJR
Has anybody fitted performance pads to their x356 XJR? looking for recommendations as different to the early xjrs
- Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:19 pm
- Forum:X350 ▸Cooling System
- Topic: Thermostat Swap
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1325
Thermostat Swap
I need to swap out my thermostat I've seen a youtube video on how to do it on an x350 xjr, layout looks the same on an x356. If I didn't drain any coolant before removing the housing how much is likely to flow out? If I drained some coolant from the rad before starting, how much would I need to drai...
- Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:17 pm
- Forum:X350 ▸General
- Topic: Finding out if a car is an x358 or x350
- Replies: 13
- Views: 2428
Re: Finding out if a car is an x358 or x350
PANTHRO, You may be correct and I may have added to the confusion! The thread was originally titled "Re: Finding out if a car is an x356 or x350" and you replied accordingly. However, Kyle had originally mentioned "facelift" and "cosmetic changes" in his first post. As we know, the X356 change is p...
- Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:09 pm
- Forum:X350 ▸General
- Topic: Finding out if a car is an x358 or x350
- Replies: 13
- Views: 2428
Finding out if a car is an x358 or x350
Is there a difference between chassis numbers for x350 and x358?
or is there a chassis number when the x358 started?
I know of the obvious cosmetic changes, but there is the possibility that the car is an x350 and previous owner has cosmetically changed it to look like a facelift model.
or is there a chassis number when the x358 started?
I know of the obvious cosmetic changes, but there is the possibility that the car is an x350 and previous owner has cosmetically changed it to look like a facelift model.
- Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:41 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸General
- Topic: X300 wanted or possibly xjr6
- Replies: 10
- Views: 1410
Re: X300 wanted or possibly xjr6
Thanks,On Leticia Mace's website. Www.exclusively-jaguar.co.uk.
Took a look, not sure I am prepared to spend that much of a premium to have the manual box though and don't fancy the resto one on that site for 2500.
Kyle
- Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:02 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸General
- Topic: X300 wanted or possibly xjr6
- Replies: 10
- Views: 1410
Re: X300 wanted or possibly xjr6
Kyle - a good guy to get to know if you're looking for an X300 is Rob Jenner who is a past Chairman of the Club and a real X300 knowledge fountain. I believe he currently has a manual XJR X300 for sale which is a rare and desirable beast. Knowing Rob it will be a good one! Hi David, Totally underst...
- Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:41 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸General
- Topic: X300 wanted or possibly xjr6
- Replies: 10
- Views: 1410
Re: X300 wanted or possibly xjr6
P. S. Do I need to reach a certain number of posts before they no longer need to be approved? Or is it based on how long a poster has been registered?
Couldn't see anything about it in faqs
Couldn't see anything about it in faqs
- Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:37 pm
- Forum:X308 ▸Parts Exchange and Sale
- Topic: Ex pms bullet proof jag
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1687
Ex pms bullet proof jag
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jaguar-xj8-armoured-bullet-proof-specialist-vehicle/174009854300?_trkparms=aid%3D1110001%26algo%3DSPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D20131003132420%26meid%3Da0cd1a32a8c64360b5207576129452f6%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D12%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D303224031068%26itm%3D174009854300%...
- Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:30 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸General
- Topic: X300 wanted or possibly xjr6
- Replies: 10
- Views: 1410
Re: X300 or possibly xjr6
Thanks Paul, but looking at the auction which was relisted it looks like it sold (unless the op of the advert can tell us otherwise).
It wouldn't have been outside my budget as I know could easily spend more than that fixing up a bad one
It wouldn't have been outside my budget as I know could easily spend more than that fixing up a bad one
- Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:35 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸General
- Topic: X300 wanted or possibly xjr6
- Replies: 10
- Views: 1410
X300 wanted or possibly xjr6
I have started looking for an x300. As these are now advancing in years I am guessing there are many with big rust issues. I am looking for a very good car, I am more concerned with condition ie I'd prefer a mint 3.2 as opposed to a constantly needs welding and fabricating xjr6 (even if they are fun...