Search found 7 matches
- Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:51 am
- Forum:X308 ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: New member, x308 possible engine seizure
- Replies: 18
- Views: 7736
Re: New member, x308 possible engine seizure
So after 6 months and 2 engine changes, I have a working xj8. Could not have done it myself, I can say that for sure, and WHAT A CAR :D! Next few weeks is going to be nursing her along and hoping to run it in nicely. Thinking of changing the oil and filter in a week or so just to make sure any carbo...
- Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:04 pm
- Forum:X308 ▸Engine
- Topic: Interchangeable pistons? Nikasil vs. Steel liners
- Replies: 0
- Views: 1875
Interchangeable pistons? Nikasil vs. Steel liners
I have a steel lined engine with a piston that needs replacing, (stuck valves in cylinder 3) and a nikasil engine with other problems, but seemingly good pistons.
Are the pistons the same for both versions of the AJV8? I want to try to make one good working engine out of the two.
Are the pistons the same for both versions of the AJV8? I want to try to make one good working engine out of the two.
- Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:48 pm
- Forum:X308 ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: New member, x308 possible engine seizure
- Replies: 18
- Views: 7736
Re: New member, x308 possible engine seizure
Hi all, a little update, I have secured an engine, with number 010906 1422. I believe makes this a steel lined engine, possibly with metal cam chain tensioners from factory. It has been sat up for a bit so will need freeing up, but I have been assured that it will run fine once unseized. Hoping to s...
- Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:44 am
- Forum:X308 ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: New member, x308 possible engine seizure
- Replies: 18
- Views: 7736
Re: New member, x308 possible engine seizure
I have found a 2002 engine, which I am assuming must fit, as my car has 2 cam sensors? (My car is a late 99MY)
- Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:39 pm
- Forum:X308 ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: New member, x308 possible engine seizure
- Replies: 18
- Views: 7736
Re: New member, x308 possible engine seizure
Hi there, I thought I put that in the OP. I am based in Birkenhead, Merseyside.
- Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:32 pm
- Forum:X308 ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: New member, x308 possible engine seizure
- Replies: 18
- Views: 7736
Re: New member, x308 possible engine seizure
Hi, thank you for your replies. After getting the top end cracked open, the engine has definitely seized due to oil starvation. Lots of carbon deposit and one piston has been damaged, with no compression. Also found pieces of tensioner mixed in there which seems to me to say it is game over for this...
- Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:51 pm
- Forum:X308 ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: New member, x308 possible engine seizure
- Replies: 18
- Views: 7736
New member, x308 possible engine seizure
Hi, I'm in Birkenhead, Wirral and have recently bought a 1999 x308 3.2 with 77000 on the clock. It is in great condition cosmetically, with hardly any rust anywhere on the bodywork and a very good condition oatmeal leather interior. I had already heard about the nikasil problems with this model and ...