Search found 12 matches
- Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:36 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸Buy and Sell
- Topic: 1996 4.0L Sovereign
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1669
Re: 1996 4.0L Sovereign
The car is now sold - I hope it gives the new owner many pleasurable miles.
- Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:56 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸Buy and Sell
- Topic: 1996 4.0L Sovereign
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1669
Re: 1996 4.0L Sovereign
Thanks for those kind words Andy. Yes - things got all out of shape on our road trip plans! Employment issues being the most impactful for my brother and I. Sure it will all work itself through eventually and we can get on with the fun stuff again. Someone's going to get a very nice Sovereign though...
- Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:50 am
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸Buy and Sell
- Topic: 1996 4.0L Sovereign
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1669
1996 4.0L Sovereign
Being offered for sale due to the unforeseen circumstances - an excellent example of an X300 in Sherwood Green.
'P' registered 1996 with 71,000 miles on the clock. Lots of sensible preventative works carried out this year including rustproofing; 'Andy' bracket; gearbox and engine oils; new pumps etc.
'P' registered 1996 with 71,000 miles on the clock. Lots of sensible preventative works carried out this year including rustproofing; 'Andy' bracket; gearbox and engine oils; new pumps etc.
- Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:32 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸General
- Topic: Sherwood Green Sovereign New Owner File
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1818
Re: Sherwood Green Sovereign New Owner File
Now the effects of the pandemic are becoming clearer, my planned trip to Ibiza with my brother is now cancelled (redundancy hasn't helped!) and I am resigned to reluctantly put my car up for sale soon, after a mere 4 months/700 miles of ownership - Danny at Jagwest will be managing the process and t...
- Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:25 am
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸Buy and Sell
- Topic: Wanted: Sun Blind/Tables
- Replies: 0
- Views: 1187
Wanted: Sun Blind/Tables
Wanted - a very clean full length rear sunblind and a pair of good picnic tables for a 1996 x300 please.
- Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:36 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸General
- Topic: Sherwood Green Sovereign New Owner File
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1818
Re: Sherwood Green Sovereign New Owner File
Today I had the tracking done and the wheel wobble at 53-55mph sorted - took over 2 hours, what with stubborn bolts and all. Had a good chat with a modern Jaguar owner in a similar coloured modern equivalent.
- Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:14 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸General
- Topic: Sherwood Green Sovereign New Owner File
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1818
Re: Sherwood Green Sovereign New Owner File
Thanks both. Am based in south Manchester. Ten days in - two washes and about 300 miles...
Neil
Neil
- Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:01 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸General
- Topic: Sherwood Green Sovereign New Owner File
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1818
Sherwood Green Sovereign New Owner File
Starting a file on my newly acquired 1996 Sovereign to keep record on progress and events as they happen. I was seeking a car that evoked memories of the early seventies when my Dad would haul us down to the south of France and northern Spain in a series I then later a series II. I settled on the x3...
- Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:57 am
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸General
- Topic: Spare parts for road trip ?
- Replies: 28
- Views: 5823
Re: Spare parts for road trip ?
An inspiring read - well done sir! I'm planning to drive to Ibiza next year in mine, so read with interest on spares etc. A couple of questions re. the roofrack - was it just to position the lights or did you carry luggage on top too? Did you do anything regarding driver comfort/seating - what were ...
- Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:46 am
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸General
- Topic: X300 Sovereign Wheel Options
- Replies: 3
- Views: 736
Re: X300 Sovereign Wheel Options
Thanks Peter - that all makes perfect sense. I think I may buy another set of Kiwis and keep the best ones as a summer set then.
BTW what are the most effective of the more 'spirited' mods you mention?
BTW what are the most effective of the more 'spirited' mods you mention?
- Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:40 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸General
- Topic: X300 Sovereign Wheel Options
- Replies: 3
- Views: 736
X300 Sovereign Wheel Options
I would like to buy a spare set of Jaguar BBS 'winter' wheels for a 96 Sovereign 4.0 - currently on 'Kiwi' 225/55/16 7J. I'm led to believe I can run 255/40/18 8.5J wheels from an XJ8 of similar vintage. Negligible overall height differences but over 1" width-wise, offset (33) and stud pattern (120)...
- Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:25 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸General
- Topic: X300 Colours Records
- Replies: 0
- Views: 541
X300 Colours Records
Is there anywhere I can see or ask for numbers of the different colours ordered in total or by year?
Thanks.
Thanks.