Search found 3 matches
- Wed May 22, 2019 10:20 am
- Forum:XJS ▸Transmission
- Topic: Transmission light on
- Replies: 5
- Views: 3385
Re: Transmission light on
I have exactly the same issue with my 1992 XJS 4.0. It seems to be getting worse with the orange light coming on more often though sometimes a stop, switch off and re-start cures the problem. I will look into a ATF fluid change first.
- Wed May 22, 2019 10:11 am
- Forum:XJS ▸Suspension
- Topic: XJS Ride Quality
- Replies: 7
- Views: 2612
Re: XJS Ride Quality
Thanks David for your response. The tyres are only 1 1/2 years old as I had them replaced when I purchased the car as the originals were very perished. The shock absorbers are the 'black' type though one on the double set up on the rear is silver. It does clunk and crash a bit over bumps but general...
- Tue May 21, 2019 3:30 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Suspension
- Topic: XJS Ride Quality
- Replies: 7
- Views: 2612
XJS Ride Quality
I have a 1992 XJS 4.0 Coupe which is a Japanese Import. I always feel the ride quality is poor, very stiff and jiggly whereas the contemporary road test always complement the ride. The car is low mileage (only 57,000Km) so must have sat around quite a lot could the shocks be seized ? The car even fe...