Search found 186 matches
- Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:08 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸General
- Topic: My XJ-S is no more !!
- Replies: 20
- Views: 4116
My XJ-S is no more !!
Just to keep you up to date...... Friday morning I received my cheque from Footman James for the agreed value minus my £100 excess which i will be claiming back. So now I'm in the market for a car. I really do fancy a convertible but just can't afford the XJ-S model. So I've been looking at other ma...
- Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:13 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Bodywork
- Topic: New headlining
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1469
- Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:42 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸General
- Topic: My XJ-S is no more !!
- Replies: 20
- Views: 4116
My XJ-S is no more !!
Yep, that was mine! :oops: Yes, i was driving on LPG at the time and the car took a fair old whack up the jacksy. I've just had a closer look at the photos again and I think what helped tremendously was the Jaguars solid rear bumper. It was hit on both rear wings and the boot lid but the middle bump...
- Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:24 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸General
- Topic: My XJ-S is no more !!
- Replies: 20
- Views: 4116
My XJ-S is no more !!
Thanks for all the replies and advice guys. :wink: UPDATE: I'm going to phone the car hire people ASAP as the 'caddy; is using way too much fuel. In the last 3 days I've put 50 quids worth of petrol in and the on board computer is telling me I'm averaging 16mpg! :shock: I wasn't even sure what size ...
- Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:58 am
- Forum:XJS ▸General
- Topic: My XJ-S is no more !!
- Replies: 20
- Views: 4116
Re: My XJ-S is no more !!
Does your agreed valuation cover the LPG conversion?, the insurance company wouldn't let me and in fact I had an awful job just getting access to the car to retrieve my personal belongings. They stated that the moment a claim goes in, the car and everything in it becomes their property? Just so hap...
- Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:17 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸General
- Topic: My XJ-S is no more !!
- Replies: 20
- Views: 4116
My XJ-S is no more !!
Yep, I'll keep you all up to date on my progress. :wink: I'm with Footman James and it's on an agreed value. Up to now they have been very good, so I'm hoping it will continue. The policy didn't have a courtesy car but as it was not my fault they have now provided me with vehicle. I got home today a...
- Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:41 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸General
- Topic: My XJ-S is no more !!
- Replies: 20
- Views: 4116
My XJ-S is no more !!
I managed to get down to the car recovery place today and take some photos of the damage.
Not a pretty sight
http://www.razey.karoo.net/car_accident.htm
Not a pretty sight
http://www.razey.karoo.net/car_accident.htm
- Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:15 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸General
- Topic: My XJ-S is no more !!
- Replies: 20
- Views: 4116
My XJ-S is no more !!
Thanks for the links DH :wink: I found this statement on one of the pages All trucks have a blind spot alongside the cab on their passenger side, which can cause cars alongside to disappear from the driver's view. The lorry was actually right hand drive and as he was in the outside lane that meant i...
- Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:47 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸General
- Topic: My XJ-S is no more !!
- Replies: 20
- Views: 4116
Re: My XJ-S is no more !!
You may wish to visit the "Honest John" pages in the Daily Telegraph Motoring Section on-line or buy Saturdays paper. He has been running a campaign for a year or so to force foreign lorries to fit "near lane" mirrors for UK use. You are not alone, there are hundreds of accidents like yours every y...
- Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:10 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸General
- Topic: My XJ-S is no more !!
- Replies: 20
- Views: 4116
My XJ-S is no more !!
My Jaguar is no more!!!!!!!!!! On Friday night (8th Feb) I was involved in a horrendous accident and to be honest I think the fact I was driving a Jaguar was the reason I walked away without a scratch. I was travelling along the A63 over Myton Bridge on the inside lane and a large chemical lorry was...
- Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:13 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Engine
- Topic: Erratic idle
- Replies: 7
- Views: 3342
Erratic idle
Strange enough mine has started to do the same thing but in reverse. :roll: When its hot it ticks over steady and then the revs will fall to the point of the ignition light coming on and then it will pick back up again. I did think it was a fuel problem but mine is more complicated in the fact that ...
- Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:12 am
- Forum:XJS ▸Engine
- Topic: White gunge
- Replies: 7
- Views: 2636
White gunge
Well up to now all seems to be well but after almcl mentioned the mayonise migrating as far down as the air flow meter I decided to take the air pipe leading to this off mine and have a look. Below are some photos! :shock: http://www.razey.karoo.net/images/gunge.1.jpg http://www.razey.karoo.net/imag...
- Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:29 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Engine
- Topic: White gunge
- Replies: 7
- Views: 2636
White gunge
Cleaned out the gunk and started her up first thing this morning to see if there was any oil on top of the water and to see if any bubbles appeared in the header tank. All OK up to now. Went for a trip out of town today as well and had a look in the oil filler before the return journey and seems to ...
- Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:48 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Engine
- Topic: White gunge
- Replies: 7
- Views: 2636
White gunge
I usually do trips of 15 miles at a time for work (main roads out of town), but have to admit yesterday I did a lot of small trips of say 1 or 2 miles around town running errands. Maybe this set it off? However last summer the car was using water and I never did find out where it was going too. (abo...
- Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:20 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Engine
- Topic: White gunge
- Replies: 7
- Views: 2636
White gunge
I checked my oil level today and decided to top it up with around half a litre. When I removed the oil filler cap I noticed some white gunge in the filler cap and some froth down the filler tube itself. Years ago I remember this actually meant something but I've completely forgot. :oops: Any ideas? ...