Search found 19 matches
- Sat Mar 29, 2025 4:51 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸General
- Topic: XKR Silverstone
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1075
XKR Silverstone
The Silverstone was launched 25 Years ago to celebrate Jaguar's return to F1. Early examples were presented to lucky owners at Silverstone itself in April 2000. Now I would have thought these facts make this edition very desirable but there does not appear to be any recognition across the Jaguar com...
- Sat Mar 29, 2025 10:29 am
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸General
- Topic: XKR Silverstone
- Replies: 0
- Views: 3689
XKR Silverstone
2025 is the 25th Anniversary of the launch of the iconic XKR Silverstone however I haven't seen any mention across the Jaguar fraternity. I have been compiling a register of this variant over some years however it's extremely difficult to track down owners. Ownership is of course fluid and some may ...
- Fri Sep 27, 2024 3:46 pm
- Forum:XJ X351 ▸Electrical
- Topic: x351 2016 rear soft close door lock not working, replacing with new?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1546
Re: x351 2016 rear soft close door lock not working, replacing with new?
I trust you solved the issue back in May 2023 
I'm about to embark on replacing the soft close driver door latch on my 2016 x351. Any advice would be much appreciated. Unfortunately I cannot access Topix which presumably gives access to maintenance manuals.
Regards
Ken
I'm about to embark on replacing the soft close driver door latch on my 2016 x351. Any advice would be much appreciated. Unfortunately I cannot access Topix which presumably gives access to maintenance manuals.
Regards
Ken
- Thu May 18, 2023 5:33 pm
- Forum:XJ X351
- Topic: Is ACC standard on 2015 XJ
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1820
Re: Is ACC standard on 2015 XJ
2019 Brochure suggests it was standard on the Autobiography and a £1,645 option on all other models.
- Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:26 pm
- Forum:XJ X351 ▸General
- Topic: XJ with a 3.0 ltr engine review
- Replies: 7
- Views: 4593
Re: XJ with a 3.0 ltr engine review
Quote from Car Magazine "Verdict A brilliant achievement. Great to drive and to sit in, here is a luxury saloon that mixes comfort and sportiness more successfully than ever before. And after living with one for a full day and night, I also think it looks fabulous". Why are there so few around? It s...
- Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:37 pm
- Forum:XJ X351 ▸Servicing
- Topic: Reset Service Indicator
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2441
Re: Reset Service Indicator
I never did get a response from iCarsoft however at last I have a solution. On recommendation, I bought an Autel 880z, and yes I can now reset the service indicator. In addition, I now have a very comprehensive scanner. Happy bunny. Changing the oil on the X351 is an absolute doddle with a vacuum pu...
- Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:58 pm
- Forum:S-Type ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: New member in Surrey
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1804
Re: New member in Surrey
The car is 20 years old. What did you expect cash free motoring?
- Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:54 am
- Forum:XK8 / X150
- Topic: ICARSOFT JAGUAR LR 11
- Replies: 11
- Views: 3955
Re: ICARSOFT JAGUAR LR 11
I wrote to iCarsoft back in Sep 2020 regarding the Service Reset Facility. To be fair they have not just ignored my contact but so far no solution. This is the latest communication. 'Hello Ken Sorry for delay. um so far I didn't get any updates yet , and checked again with the engineer today... Unfo...
- Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:08 pm
- Forum:XJ X351 ▸Bodywork
- Topic: Pan roof from creaking/ratting on my 66 reg X351
- Replies: 9
- Views: 2711
Re: Pan roof from creaking/ratting on my 66 reg X351
Just picked up the car from the Main Dealer and not a squeak or a rattle from the roof on my 10-mile journey home. Peace at last, fingers crossed it stays that way.
- Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:52 am
- Forum:XJ X351 ▸Bodywork
- Topic: Pan roof from creaking/ratting on my 66 reg X351
- Replies: 9
- Views: 2711
Re: Pan roof from creaking/ratting on my 66 reg X351
My 16 plate X351 taken to the local dealer today for attention. Went for a test drive with a technician in the back seat and he immediately recognized the problem. He mentioned that there had been several revisions of the sunroof and suggested that it would be a broken clip in the roof or the headli...
- Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:35 am
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸General
- Topic: X100 Window Waist Seals
- Replies: 5
- Views: 895
Re: X100 Window Waist Seals
Thanks go to Jim, Andrew and A.J.P for the links. Hopefully, there may be a member or members that can benefit from Andrew's kind offer should they be at Castle Combe. In any event, the links will be useful to members in solving this common problem.
Ken
Ken
- Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:20 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸General
- Topic: X100 Window Waist Seals
- Replies: 5
- Views: 895
X100 Window Waist Seals
An article in the October issue of the magazine will no doubt be well met by many X100 owners. Unfortunately, the author (Andrew Barrington) didn't provide an eBay link to the product and I haven't been able to trace it. Hopefully, Andrew will pick up on this post and provide said link. Thanks Andre...
- Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:01 pm
- Forum:XJ X351 ▸Servicing
- Topic: Reset Service Indicator
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2441
Re: Reset Service Indicator
Well guys I bought the iCarsoft LR V 2.0 as it claimed to be compatible with the X351 including year 16 on. Also claiming that it would reset the Service Indicator. It talks to the car but will not reset the Service Indicator. Logfile has been sent to the supplier and I await a response.
Ken
Ken
- Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:27 am
- Forum:XK8 / X150
- Topic: ICARSOFT JAGUAR LR 11
- Replies: 11
- Views: 3955
Re: ICARSOFT JAGUAR LR 11
I recently purchased the iCarsoft LR V.2.0 Despite the claim that software supports the Service Interval update for my 2016 X351, I cannot get it to work. Logfile sent to the supplier currently waiting for a response. Also tried connecting to my 2000 XKR but failed to talk. Have to revert to my old ...
- Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:15 pm
- Forum:XJ X351 ▸Servicing
- Topic: Reset Service Indicator
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2441
Re: Reset Service Indicator
Andy, thanks for the quick response.
The iCarsoft looks like the way to go however I will go back to the garage which has always been good and helpful in the past. I have a basic code reader that I use on my XKR but unfortunately it wont talk to the X351.
Ken
The iCarsoft looks like the way to go however I will go back to the garage which has always been good and helpful in the past. I have a basic code reader that I use on my XKR but unfortunately it wont talk to the X351.
Ken