Search found 39 matches
- Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:44 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸For Sale or Wanted
- Topic: Your chance to buy the most economical XJ-S!
- Replies: 0
- Views: 1127
Your chance to buy the most economical XJ-S!
Sadly I have put my beautiful XJ-S V12 convertible to auction. A change in circumstances means its time to move on. I shall miss the car desperately. Who ever buys it will get a real gem. The big bonus is that I had it converted to run on autogas. Yes - half price fuel! :D See http://www.barons-auct...
- Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:22 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸General
- Topic: Lowest Mileage XJ-S
- Replies: 1
- Views: 952
Lowest Mileage XJ-S
October JE magazine XJ-S forum asks: Lowest mileage XJ-S? Can anyone beat 4000 miles as advertised here http://www.classicandsportscar.com/classiccarsforsale/jaguar-xjs-convertible/52894 by Cheshire Classic Cars. Shame they don't know the difference between a convertible and a cabriolet. £25K seems ...
- Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:11 am
- Forum:XJS ▸General
- Topic: Word of warning
- Replies: 6
- Views: 1809
Word of warning
Jon
You were very lucky the screwdriver was that way round... If the other way up....OUCH!!
David
You were very lucky the screwdriver was that way round... If the other way up....OUCH!!
David
- Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:35 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸General
- Topic: converting to lpg
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1779
converting to lpg
Gabriel The tank you need is 70 litres 650x270 and fits perfectly in the spare wheel space. The tank on ebay is for horizontal fitting. You need a vertical one. Go to Tinleytech and scroll down to Toroidal You can read about my LPG conversion as published in Jag Enthusiast Here You won't regret it :...
- Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:11 am
- Forum:XJS ▸XJS Forum Events
- Topic: Spring Outing 2010 - Sunday April 11th
- Replies: 42
- Views: 14194
Spring Outing 2010 - Sunday April 11th
Tony. Thats a great itinerary. We were at Avebury on boxing day and its a magical place. We also visited the Atwell museum last year. Its a real treasure trove with a slightly hillbilly aire about it. Well worth a visit. April 11th clashes with an MG event and I have divided loyalties but subject to...
- Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:33 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸General
- Topic: Convertible Wind Deflectors
- Replies: 15
- Views: 5298
Convertible Wind Deflectors
Michael
I have no recollection of drilling holes. As I recall fitting was very simple
David
I have no recollection of drilling holes. As I recall fitting was very simple
David
- Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:26 am
- Forum:XJS ▸General
- Topic: Convertible Wind Deflectors
- Replies: 15
- Views: 5298
Convertible Wind Deflectors
Michael I've had the Classics Additions version for about 5 yrs. Its worn well and is effective. Its a bit narrower than it could be, its obviously a standard item with bespoke brackets for the XJ-S The main snag is that it is not easily removed, and with the hood up its difficult to get to the lock...
- Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:07 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Electrics
- Topic: Headlight Glass
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1330
Headlight Glass
My RH headlight glass is smashed.
(UK spec, oval, pre facelift)
I have obtained a second hand unit with perfect glass but the silvering is inferior to my original.
Has anyone any experience of removing the glass lens and refixing it in a different reflector?
David
I have obtained a second hand unit with perfect glass but the silvering is inferior to my original.
Has anyone any experience of removing the glass lens and refixing it in a different reflector?
David
- Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:28 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸XJS Forum Events
- Topic: KWE Trip Saturday 28th March 2009 - CONFIRM HERE
- Replies: 55
- Views: 15731
KWE Trip Saturday 28th March 2009 - CONFIRM HERE
Tony Thanks for organising a brilliant day out :D :D . Lots of good tips and ideas together with good company and good hospitality I'm sure you'll all support me in thanking Chris, Theresa, Pete and Dave for their hospitality, advice and encouragement. Incidently, for those of you who were intereste...
- Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:08 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸XJS Forum Events
- Topic: KWE Trip Saturday 28th March 2009 - CONFIRM HERE
- Replies: 55
- Views: 15731
KWE Trip Saturday 28th March 2009 - CONFIRM HERE
Hi Tony
Is this still 11.15 start, finishing around 3.00 as in your previous thread?
Looking forward to seeing you all
Regards
David
Is this still 11.15 start, finishing around 3.00 as in your previous thread?
Looking forward to seeing you all
Regards
David
- Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:30 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸XJS Forum Events
- Topic: KWE Trip Saturday 28th March 2009 - CONFIRM HERE
- Replies: 55
- Views: 15731
KWE Trip Saturday 28th March 2009 - CONFIRM HERE
I'll be there - on my own - but in the big gassy cat. You can all inspect my extra pipes, injectors, tanks, ECUs etc.
David
David
- Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:40 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸XJS Forum Events
- Topic: Spring 2009 Outing - Forum Visit to KWE Jaguars
- Replies: 25
- Views: 7357
Spring 2009 Outing - Forum Visit to KWE Jaguars
Hi DH
Thanks for arranging this.
Its in my diary for 28th
see you there
David
Thanks for arranging this.
Its in my diary for 28th
see you there
David
- Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:15 am
- Forum:XJS ▸XJS Forum Events
- Topic: Spring 2009 Outing - Forum Visit to KWE Jaguars
- Replies: 25
- Views: 7357
Spring 2009 Outing - Forum Visit to KWE Jaguars
Count me in. Chris Knowles has worked on my car in the past, complete rustproofing and underseal job and 'perishables' service, replacing all hoses + other perishables. What he doesn't know about XJ-Ss isn't worth knowing
David
David
- Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:06 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸XJS Forum Events
- Topic: V12 day on the 28th Canceled........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1278
V12 day on the 28th Canceled........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This event was very poorly advertised. I only picked it up by chance but at least I advertised it here for them. Even so - only 3 entries - one of them mine - Whats going on
If its a nice day I'll go anyway. Its a good museum and the dates in my diary.
David
If its a nice day I'll go anyway. Its a good museum and the dates in my diary.
David
- Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:04 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸XJS Forum Events
- Topic: Haynes Museum - V12 Day Sunday 28th Sept 2008
- Replies: 17
- Views: 4892
Haynes Museum - V12 Day Sunday 28th Sept 2008
This event was very poorly advertised.
I only picked it up by chance but at least I advertised it here for them. Still - only 3 entries - one of them mine - Whats going on
If its a nice day I'll go anyway. Its a good museum and the dates in my diary.
David
If its a nice day I'll go anyway. Its a good museum and the dates in my diary.
David