Search found 120 matches
- Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:07 am
- Forum:XJS ▸Electrics
- Topic: XJR-S Zytek Ignition
- Replies: 18
- Views: 8833
XJR-S Zytek Ignition
Hi Graham, SimonR mentioned to me that you were looking for information on the Zytek EMS. I have a 1989 XJR-S and, as Simon mentioned, when I first bought it, it had an intermittent cutout which turned out to be a dry joint in the loom from the Zytek. There is not very much information around for th...
- Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:45 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Cooling System
- Topic: 2 X 12" fans, or a larger 16" one ????????????????
- Replies: 19
- Views: 8350
Re: 2 X 12" fans, or a larger 16" one ????????????
I have decided to install electric cooling for my XJS V12, and have already removed the viscouse fan and associated fittings, one thing i did find was that all the fan blades had micro cracks all through them , and so was in its last throws of life Hi BB, When you took off your mechanical fan, did t...
- Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:57 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸General
- Topic: Advice re Track Day
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1503
Advice re Track Day
Hi Paul, My advice is first of all to thoroughly enjoy the day. I assume you are going to the wonderful Brands Hatch? I took my x-type there for a track day a while back. Terrific fun. As mentioned elsewhere, you will need a helmet, these are supplied to you if you do not have one. You should get on...
- Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:45 am
- Forum:XJS ▸The price of fish
- Topic: 7th/8th July - Where will YOU be?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 2095
- Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:09 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸XJS Forum Events
- Topic: Cadwell Park 2007 CLASH!
- Replies: 7
- Views: 2594
Cadwell Park 2007 CLASH!
With 7/8 July rapidly approaching I wondered if we had any definite takers for a day at Cadwell. I will be there on the 8th, not sure yet about the 7th. I am sure DH will be there (I may even manage to meet you this year if I am not late arriving again - lol).
Happy motoring
Glenn.
Happy motoring
Glenn.
- Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:33 am
- Forum:XJS ▸General
- Topic: How many 6 litre XJR-S left out there?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1732
How many 6 litre XJR-S left out there?
Hi Zytek, I have no idea how many of these wonderful beasties are still in existence, in fact I am not too sure how many were made, I have seen conflicting figures from several sources, but approx 1300 of the 5.3 and 6.0 cars seems likely. I would hope most are still being cherished. I was lucky eno...
- Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:08 am
- Forum:XJS ▸Bodywork
- Topic: Paint Chips & Scratches
- Replies: 6
- Views: 2708
Paint Chips & Scratches
Hi Ed, I would say your most cost effective (and time effective) solution is to make a note of your VIN number and Paint code (should be on a plate mounted on the A post or B post) and pay a visit to the Jaguar parts store. They can supply you, at a very reasonable cost, with a touch up paint pack t...
- Sun May 13, 2007 11:05 am
- Forum:XJS ▸General
- Topic: Beginners guide to LPG conversions
- Replies: 16
- Views: 4063
Beginners guide to LPG conversions
Hi Gordon,
Excellent post. Really good to see the details of a conversion. I think the tank you went for is perfect for the XJS.
One thing puzzles me on the economy figures you posted. Only 140 miles on £21 of gas is dreadful, it is less than 14mpg. Tryping error?
Cheers and regards,
Glenn.
Excellent post. Really good to see the details of a conversion. I think the tank you went for is perfect for the XJS.
One thing puzzles me on the economy figures you posted. Only 140 miles on £21 of gas is dreadful, it is less than 14mpg. Tryping error?
Cheers and regards,
Glenn.
- Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:29 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Suspension
- Topic: XJRS Suspension - advice needed
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2143
Hi Mark, I am delighted you decided to keep the beastie, I take it you tried the fast A road run and convinced yourself of a) the need to keep it and b) the need for new dampers... I can't offer any specific experience of changing the springs and dampers on the XJR-S as I haven't yet had to touch th...
Hi Mark, As a fellow XJR-S owner I can sympathise. I feel like selling mine every time I get another huge garage bill, but change my mind on the drive home from the garage :lol: I comfort myself that the car gets a little better after each repair and that it is a fantastic car for relatively little ...
- Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:58 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Electrics
- Topic: Faulty Indcator Flasher Unit
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2393
Hi Jim, It sounds like the flasher unit is the cause but it is an easy one to get at. Remove the access panel under the dash on the driver's side, the flasher unit is the relay looking lump above the fuse panel. The connector has four leads. It might just need unplugging and plugging a couple of tim...
- Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:04 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸General
- Topic: Pop's 2006 Lands End to John 'O Groats adventure
- Replies: 11
- Views: 3985
- Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:40 am
- Forum:XJS ▸Electrics
- Topic: How car electrical systems work
- Replies: 6
- Views: 2652
Pop,
Have no fear, help is at hand for those for whom all of their smoke has escaped.
Salvation is at hand on this website....
http://www3.telus.net/bc_triumph_registry/smoke.htm
Have no fear, help is at hand for those for whom all of their smoke has escaped.
Salvation is at hand on this website....
http://www3.telus.net/bc_triumph_registry/smoke.htm
- Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:53 am
- Forum:XJS ▸General
- Topic: Run What You Brung! Santa Pod
- Replies: 21
- Views: 4890
I would like to associate myself with the remarks of the previous speaker... An excellent day out, weather was beautiful (not a cloud in the sky) and great to meet Pop and Ralph. A wide range of motors running up the strip, if a little thin on the Jaguar front :wink: I too made it home unscathed thi...
- Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:40 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸General
- Topic: Maltravers
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1338